How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Okay, so I uninstalled the SPTD driver and rebooted my computer. I ran a new trace to get a new etl file.

Here you go: http://www.upload.ee/files/1534268/DPC_Interrupt2.rar.html

I want to make sure that you know, that this DOES NOT occur when I am not using Teamspeak 3 (It's like skype), or anything else, which uses internet.

Edited by Dono

No issues with TS so far, but I have seen my DPCs go up to 25% in a program called Process Hacker. I can make a screenshot if needed

Edited by Dono

Hi Magic,

First, this has been most helpful, keep up the great work!

Second, I currently have 18% cpu usage due to hardware interrupts and dpc. Using process explorer and latencymon I figured out it was due to Nvidia driver and Intel Management Engine Interface. I updated both drivers (nvidia 266.77, 275.33, 280.19, 266.44)(MEI 7.0.0.1118) but the problem persists.

Trial and error has given me these results:

Both Nvidia and MEI enabled: 18%

Nvidia enabled MEI disabled: 16%

Nvidia disabled MEI enabled: 6%

Both disabled: .08%

I can live without the MEI but I am an avid gamer and need the graphics card! The card is an MSI GTX 560ti. Any thoughts on what I should do next? I plan on putting in my old GTX 260 and seeing if it's not the drivers themselves but the actual card.

Edit: CPU usage is at 19% with GTX 260 >.<

Edited by crewton

Win7 32/64 Auto Installation Program (SID:1428413) FROM http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Is that what I should download for my Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller?

I hope you don't mind me asking this step-by-step from you, I just really don't want to screw things up.

here is my zipfile for the etl file

I think the Intel® Management Engine Interface and the nVIDIA card use both the same IRQ (16) and this may cause the high interrupt issue in the function DpiFdoLineInterruptRoutine from the driver dxgkrnl.sys.

Can you change the IRQs in the BIOS?

I'm using GA-P67A-UD4. It does have another PCIe slot but I was planning on SLI'ing in the near future. If I put it in the second slot and that does give it a new IRQ, would placing another card in the first PCIe stay with IRQ 16 or would it use the other?