MagicAndre1981

How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

1,451 posts in this topic

But like i sad, if the computer go to sleep mode than no more system interrupts. Any Idea?

this is a driver issue. But I have no idea to fix it. You can make a full dump:

and upload it, so that cluberti can take a look at it. I don't have any idea how to debug this.

Hey I need help figuring out my problem. I'm on a AMD X6 1090T processor, and out of the blue while using the PC, a single core out of the 6 will shoot up to 100 percent. Its been doing this for the past week and its a different core each time. So I did the DPC_INTERRUPT thing WHILE the computer was real laggy and 1 of the cores was at 100 percent. Here is the link to the file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZP8NMF4

Here is a screen shot

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5656/helpcg.jpg

Please help, I thought this might have been a bad CPU chip since I just upgraded last week as well, but I'm starting to think its software related!!!

the nvlddmkm.sys driver for your NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT causes some 100% DPC spikes.

the portcls.sys (port driver) driver is also causing some 100% interrupt spikes. Do you have the latest drivers for your COM LPT ports installed?

The main cause is show as UNKNOWN and I currently don't know a way to see the cause of this.

Well this only started happening when I updated my BIOS. Since then I haven't updated any drivers or anything. So I don't think the NVIDA driver or the portcls.sys is the problem (I know that they do cause some interrupts) but as far as my computer lagging and 1 of the cores shooting up to 100 percent and never going back down, forcing me to restart, thats probably going to be the "unknown" right? Because last week when I had a different CPU chip/different BIOS , this never happened. As soon as I updated the bios and put my new chip in, it started to happen. Do you think that this could be a bad CPU chip? or do you think a fresh install of windows will fix this? Thanks for the help

Well this only started happening when I updated my BIOS.

try different BIOS versions.

Problem with that is, I have to use the LATEST BIOS to be able to use my X6 chip. Its the only bios that supports it :( . sigh

which motherboard do you have?

hmm ,so the newest Beta BIOS is causing it?

use msconfig.exe to limit the RAM to 1.5GB and create a complete crash dump, zip (7z with ULTRA compression) the dump and uplaod it (please Rapidshare.com or a free! 1 Click Hoster like mediafire) Otherwise it takes too long for me to downlaod the file.

Ok once I limit the RAM to 1.5GB, how do I create a complete crash dump? I thought those only are created when the system fails? Does the system recognize my type of problem as a "system fail"? Because I can usually still use the system, its just the system is real **** laggy and takes a while to do anything. Also I'm not sure I'm in the right folder but is the system crashes located in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue ? If so, there's 3 folders there now, each named AppCrash_nvcplui.exe with a lot of random numbers at the end of it.

read post #211 how to create a dump. Limiting to 1.5GB is only for reducing the size of the dump.

Unbelievable. I've done everything u said and found out that ACPI.sys has a count of 377205, next is the hal.dll with 151785

The system interrupt is hogging my 4th core and my cpu usage will spike to 20-25%

Running i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz with 4GB of RAMs here.

Are those counts normal at all?

no this is not normal. are you using the latest BIOS?

@reyesjriii and tomek1988

have you both made the dump?

can you upload the etl file?