How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

which madVR version do you use? the latest version is 0.37

Also which ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 version do you use?

MadVR 0.37 has been just released. Will test it out together with new versions of MPC-HC and FFDshow.

From the Arcsoft TMT3 (version .185 ) I use only their HD audio decoder ("ax" file ) as a directshow filter for bitperfect HD audio decoding.

the symcache files are created from the debug data to display the fuction name in the xperfview summary tables.

I looked at the files and I don't have the knowledge to see the cause of the spikes :no:

contact the Microsoft support for better help

Andre,

thanks anyway for your help and time. Later this year I will upgrade the graphics from HD5670 to HD6670 with passive cooler. If it doesnt help, its either MB chipset or Windows :rolleyes: . Will try to pass over the posts from here to some MS expert/guru, who could read the etls or make some further diagnosis of the latency cause.

In the meantime I have connected Realtek per optical toslink with RME and feeded the multimedia audio ( web, mpc-hc ) in perfectly synced 24-bit/48kHz to RME optical in. The Total mix ( RME mixer ) is mixing together all ASIO based sources ( Cubase, Sound Forge, WMP with ASIO plugin ) with the optical audio from the Realtek. :whistle: Somehow Realtek ALC889 chip can handle the higher latencies during GPU intensive video playback using madVR without damaging the sound with crackles or any artefacts. To have a good multimedia audio chip is never bad, if you have one machine for ASIO and multimedia.

Plutotype

Edited by Plutotype

Yet another ACPI.sys here.

It's on my 3 year old desktop, a ga-ex38-ds4 with a Q6700, and I haven't added any new hardware or peripherals recently.

I do have the latest bios and drivers, it does still happen after a clean boot and my power settings are on max performance.

Here's the scan file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4USPE07

So, any ideas?

It does still happen after a clean boot following your instructions, but I've just discovered that it does NOT happen in safe mode. So, I'm going to try updating every driver I've got.

Edit:

Well, the problem seems to be fixed now. I never did update any drivers, but kept messing with startup options instead.

I got it to the point where windows wouldn't load, instead saying "bootmgr is missing , press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

I played around with the bios settings for a while trying to fix that, including resetting them to default, then I downloaded a win7 recovery disk and did a startup restore and windows loaded again.

Now after all that the problem seems to be fixed. I'm not sure if the startup restore or the bios changes fixed it or if it was something I did while breaking the windows startup procedure, but there you go.

Edited by brianmcgee

• 2 weeks later...

issue.jpg

Andre,

Can I get some help here? I've actually talked to you on another message board... I've figured out my issues...

I think I need to update my BIOS-

Here is my MOBO

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2982#driver

I know that my chipset is up to date... I'm running out of answers here =(

Edited by PJW

I have two external HD's and a CD/DVD drive.

You should know that the Windows Diagnostic Report that pointed out the high CPU usage also pointed out something about one of my external HD's being flagged as a "dirty bit" or something along those lines.

I just ran the chkdsk on all of my drives... no errors.

Let me show you something else that might have something to do with all of this... because this happened out of no where... things just started getting slow... everything takes long to load, etc.

I went to re-run the diagnostics test... I was prompted with this asasd.jpg

So I deleted those... AND THEN re-ran the diagnostics... and NOW I get THIS asdasdasdas.jpg

The only thing that I updated recently IS in fact my graphics card... I updated to the latest version of the display drivers... and then this all started happening.

http://cid-c9365deeff3ffb21.office.live.com/self.aspx/New%20folder/DPC^_Interrupt.rar

There is the ETL file for you Andre. I hope we can pin-point this issue.

I've also been getting some strange messages about a Creative Game Port... which I know is some type of thing that is not compatible with Windows 7

Edited by PJW