How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

Ah wow, I wasn't expecting a response that fast, I appoligize for not getting back to you.

I'm at work atm so I'm unable to, but when I get home I'll upload it.

Thank you again for the quick response.

Thank you again for assisting me, I've sent you a PM message about the PW.

Each were recorded for 90 seconds. I have one for after I start the computer, and one for when the Interrupts is high ~30%

I've also included a DxDiag file just in case it might help.

https://www.box.com/s/uilt15yfc782frgxyyao

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic, so I should be able to respond quickly if you reply. Thank you again for helping.

Edited by Kalilla

Avast and your (Rtl8187b.sys) Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter cause the issues. Transferring data requires DPCs so because you use a USB device you have USBport.sys DPCs.

Update Avast and the realtek driver and hope that this fixes it.

I went into Device Manger and disabled Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter and the idle Interrupts went from 3.5-4% to 0.5-1%.

I still don't know exactly what I need to download though, I'm not sure why it says I don't have that.

Edited by Kalilla

it's 2 am, so I'm going to give up on this tonight for now. I'll check back in the morning.

I went to the toshiba website and downloaded two things from there for wifi, it actually responded this time unlike the Realtek website did. Still, same lame problem, so idk what to do.

Also, thoughts on a wi-fi adapter?

If I can't fix this problem, would it be better to just turn off the device permanently and pick one up for $24? I can afford to do that, I can't afford to take this in and have someone charge me a lot more to fix it.

I would much rather go for the free solution where I can figure this out without spending anything, but if I'm not able to fix it I'd like to know if that is a possibility.

This is what I looked at in case you were wondering~

http://www.walmart.com/ip/D-Link-Wireless-150-N-USB-Adapter/12457258?srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=32-201841486-2&adid=1500000000000029469730&veh=cse

edit: also, Ethernet cable isn't an option since I'm a floor above the router.

edit2: Also, I still have the old laptop that the motherboard failed on. If I opened up both of them and swapped out the wifi network adapter for the old one would that work?

They are basically the same laptop, so they should be the same parts as well. I'd probably just get the wi-fi adapter for $24 instead of going through the mess with all the screws.

Edited by Kalilla

edit2: Also, I still have the old laptop that the motherboard failed on. If I opened up both of them and swapped out the wifi network adapter for the old one would that work?

They are basically the same laptop, so they should be the same parts as well. I'd probably just get the wi-fi adapter for $24 instead of going through the mess with all the screws.

try it out. Internal Wifi cards are often much better compared to USB adapters.

I followed your steps until some point: i"Now go to the graphs "DPC CPU Usage" or "Interrupt CPU Usage" (depending where you high CPU usage) and select the intervall, make a right click and select "Load Symbols" and next click summary table."

I can't find "DPC CPU Usage" nor "Interrupt CPU Usage" graphs, and also the "Load Symbols" menu doesn't shows up when I right click a graph.

I downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me different result by running it multiple times including "ndis.sys", "dxgkrnl.sys", "nvlddmkm.sys". I uninstalled and installed both Realtek and Atheros drives but the cpu still stays at 80%-100%.

"Look in the dumped text files for µsec values which are over 256µsec."; I looked in the text file and many of them pass over 256µsec and I'm pretty sure this isn't a good thing. I'll attach it since I don't believe it shows up personal information.

Especially when it gets to 100% CPU the pc runs very slowly, even the cursor lags and I don't know how to solve it and it p***es me off. Can you please help me?

Iulian

dpc.txt

Edited by Revolt

First, O&O UnErase uses a lot of CPU. Does it need to be run all the time?

the driver with latencies over 256µs are ACPI.sys and nvlddmkm.sys:

Total = 14 for module ACPI.sys

Elapsed Time, > 0 usecs AND <= 1 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 1 usecs AND <= 2 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 2 usecs AND <= 4 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 4 usecs AND <= 8 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 8 usecs AND <= 16 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 16 usecs AND <= 32 usecs, 7, or 50.00%

Elapsed Time, > 32 usecs AND <= 64 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 64 usecs AND <= 128 usecs, 3, or 21.43%

Elapsed Time, > 128 usecs AND <= 256 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 256 usecs AND <= 512 usecs, 4, or 28.57%

Total, 14

Total = 2254 for module nvlddmkm.sys

Elapsed Time, > 0 usecs AND <= 1 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 1 usecs AND <= 2 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 2 usecs AND <= 4 usecs, 1, or 0.04%

Elapsed Time, > 4 usecs AND <= 8 usecs, 10, or 0.44%

Elapsed Time, > 8 usecs AND <= 16 usecs, 72, or 3.19%

Elapsed Time, > 16 usecs AND <= 32 usecs, 391, or 17.35%

Elapsed Time, > 32 usecs AND <= 64 usecs, 1574, or 69.83%

Elapsed Time, > 64 usecs AND <= 128 usecs, 134, or 5.94%

Elapsed Time, > 128 usecs AND <= 256 usecs, 55, or 2.44%

Elapsed Time, > 256 usecs AND <= 512 usecs, 17, or 0.75%

Total, 2254

the ACPI.sys issue comes from the battery. Update the NVIDIA GeForce G 103M driver to see if the nvlddmkm.sys issue is fixed.

First, O&O UnErase uses a lot of CPU. Does it need to be run all the time?

I just installed it when running the trace run and it was searching the entire C drive, so that's not the problem, it hanged out before installing it too.

the ACPI.sys issue comes from the battery. Update the NVIDIA GeForce G 103M driver to see if the nvlddmkm.sys issue is fixed.

I have problems with my battery but it didn't make my computer laggy before. It even shows a warning when I boot the PC but I don't have money to buy another one and also I can't see the connection; if I remove it it will solve the high cpu usage?

And the NVIDIA driver is up to date, should I uninstall it and install again? I saw it searches every day for updates ..