Elapsed Time, > 16 usecs AND <= 32 usecs, 1645, or 55.54%

Elapsed Time, > 32 usecs AND <= 64 usecs, 324, or 10.94%

Elapsed Time, > 524288 usecs AND <= 1048576 usecs, 0, or 0.00%

Elapsed Time, > 1048576 usecs AND <= 2097152 usecs, 9, or 0.30%

Elapsed Time, > 2097152 usecs , 9, or 0.30%

Total, 2962

tr the latest Beta driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-320.00-beta-driver.html

and put the GPU into a different PCIe x16 slot if you have more of them.

I was hoping it wasn't the Nvidia driver. The last driver update kept giving me TDRs and this one is giving me the interrupt issue. Maybe the beta will be better. Thanks for the help.

hi magic,

i want your help. i am encountering the same problem but i have windows xp and i dont know how to run the compand promt steps.

i am waiting for your reply.

Found this thread through a lot of googling issues that have been plaguing my new pc build. It consists of the following components:

• Intel Core i3-3225 3.30GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (55W) - Retail **High Performance IGP**
  • Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  • Asus P8H77-I Intel H77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 MiniITX Motherboard
  • Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SATA 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive
  • Streacom Nano 150w HTPC Power Supply/Adapter
  • Streacom ST-F7CB EVO HTPC Aluminium Case - Black
  • Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit

I'm sure the low wattage of the PSU jumps out to people but I do not believe it to be the issue. I can run fairly demanding games no issue for upto an hour or more then what seems to be audio or usb keyboard lockups cause the pc to freeze. I have also ran prime95 (cpu and ram stress test) and furmark (gpu stress test) at the same time for 15 minutes both pushing their respective components at 100% all the way through with no mouse lockups, no freezes and no BSOD's. I also ran memtest on my RAM no issues showed up. So I feel I can rule out processor, gpu and RAM as issues.

Yet as I mentioned I had these lockups while gaming, randomly occurring when browsing or when playing music. I run Windows 8, yet had these issues occur on Windows 7. The issues actually occurred so frequently on Windows 7 it prompted me to move to Windows 8.

The pc is hooked upto my TV through HDMI, the keyboard and mouse is a wireless logitech k400 combi connected with a logitech unifying usb dongle, network connectivity is generally through an Edimax wifi dongle. After much searching I found the issues to be related to DPC latency where I tested it with LatencyMon it pointed to USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver being the culprit for highest IRC and DRC. And steam.exe for pagefaults. LatencyMon would only run for a few seconds before locking up sometimes it would unlock intermittently so I could stop the test. Othertimes I would BSOD with DPC watchdog timeout. I updated my BIOS and SSD firmware to the latest versions and the issues persisted.

So to troubleshoot issues I carried out the Windows 8 reset where it reinstalls itself but doesn't need the key reactivating. It gave me a clean slate to test from. I installed initially only drivers listed on the asus website for my motherboard. Then tried newer updates directly from Intel, ATI etc. as the crashes and BSOD's still persisted when running LatencyMon.

Issues persisted with USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver so I moved my usb devices to my USB 3.0 ports and the IRC reported issues with storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

and DRC Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation. The SSD is set to AHCI mode in windows and bios, I installed the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. This got rid of storport.sys as highest IRC and Wdf01000.sys took up that title.

I kept the system lean with little programs installed and tried out different hardware settings and combinations.

• Turned windows defender on demand scanning off as it showed up in LatencyMon.
  • The audio was running through my ATI graphics card and using ATI audio drivers, I disabled the onboard sound in device manager. Issues persisted with BSOD'ing (DPC watchdog timeout) and freezing in latencymon.
  • Removed the ATI audio drivers, still BSOD'ing and freezing in latencymon.
  • Turned pagefiles and indexing off.
  • HPET was activated in BIOS but not windows, so I switched it on in windows: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restarted the computer confirmed it was working and still BSOD'ing and freezing in latencymon.
  • Turned Intel Speedstep and Thermal Throttling off in BIOS, no change.
  • Turned HPET off in BIOS and windows, no change.
  • Removed the GPU and its drivers and catalyst control centre and ran through the onboard graphics firstly without the Intel HD4000 drivers with BSOD'ing and freezing in latencymon.
  • With the Intel HD4000 drivers, no change.
  • The system actually seems less stable and more prone to random freezes and BSOD's without the dedicated graphics.
  • The usb devices were in the USB 3.0 ports at this time, when I moved the usb devices one at and time and both onto usb 2 ports the USBPORT.SYS started to show up in latencymon again whenever a usb device was in these ports with freezes and BSOD's.
  • I removed the usb wifi dongle and used ethernet, no change.
  • Removed the logitech unifying dongle and used TeamViewer to control the PC so no usb devices present, no change.
  • Tried with no network connectivity and using my Logitech k400, no change.

After finding this thread I tried to record xperf but the system freezes requiring a hard reset or BSOD's so nothing is saved. Attached my latest latencymon results, as you can see I could only run it for 1 second as it would consistently freezes after 3 seconds, sometimes unfreeze for a split second to update the clock but not long enough to click stop. But mostly it would just BSOD with DPC watchdog timeout.

I am almost certain its an RMA of the motherboard to ASUS but would like some second opinions before I do.

Untitleddocument.txt

according to the latencymon report your PC has no DPC/ISR issues.

Which issues do you have?

I know what I posted was a wall of text sorry. But when I run latencymon I can only run it a few seconds until the whole pc locks up and usually bsod saying DPC watchdog timeout.

I deactivated HPET and turned the Intel Thermal Throttling and Speedstep on in the bios and the computer has become slightly more resistant to totally crashing so i have managed to get some longer latencymon results. The mouse cursor freezes or goes really really slow but no crashes which is an improvement.

Tried a trace although not sure if i kept it going long enough, near the end my system began to become jerky: DCP_Interupt

Also attached minidump. Also have a memory dump here: memory.dmp (from last night with Intel thermal throttling and speedstep off)

EDIT another trace (i did open event viewer while running the trace): DPC_interupt 2

The annoying thing is I have arranged a RMA on the mobo today but i will hold off sending it for now!!

EDIT 2 Got a BSOD and minidump attached. 050913-5625-01.dmp

9-5-13latmon1.txt

9-5-13latmon2.txt

Minidump.zip

9-5-13latmon3.txt

050913-5625-01.zip

Edited by niko1986

the large dump is damaged. 1 minidump shows the latencyMon driver as cause and the second one the kernel itself while doing memory operations.

the first trace is fine. In the second the usbport.sys causes 1 larger spike. Connect your logitech devices to different uSB ports.

Also make sure that the RAM is compatible to the board, the ram is fine itself (test with memtest86+) and the memory timings match to the SPD data on the RAM modules. Use CPU-Z to verify this. If nothing helps, RAM the board and hope the new one is better.

Thank you. I've tried moving the usb devices to different ports things improve a little but is not curing the problem.

My specific RAM Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 is not listed in the qualified vendor list supplied by ASUS but the 1600MHz version is listed as compatible, I'm running the RAM to the tested values on the corsair page not XMP profile in the BIOS.

I'll run memtest86+ again for a few hours and do as you say and verify with CPU-Z.

RMA might be the best option in the end, but thank you very much MagicAndre I've not found any other thread linked to this subject with someone so helpful :thumbup

Corsair with ASUS can cause issues if it is not listed as compatible.

DO you have other RAM which you can test?

Unfortunately I don't have any other RAM to try, but I will see if I can borrow some from another computer if it is compatible.