How to get the cause of high CPU usage caused by apps?

No, by default it is not activated. Did you have a BSOD and activated it to get better dumps?

I ran some root kit scanners, because someone had said that root kits sometimes hook into ataport.sys, which seemed to be misbehaving. One of them must have switched it on.

Try the 1.5 drivers

http://www.rolandcorp.com.au/products/productdetails.aspx?p=1166&c=72

You use the 1.0.0 drivers. Maybe this helps. Also try to connect the device to a different USB port which doesn't share IRQs with other devices.

Apparently 1.0.0 is the newest version of rdwm1117.sys – 1.5 refers to an updated control panel only. And the Quadcapture USB port doesn't appear to be sharing an IRQ with anything. Durn.

Having run out of solutions, I'm going to try replacing the Quadcapture with a new unit. It will be very funny (after eight months of troubleshooting) if that turns out to be the problem... :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

ask the support, maybe they have an idea.

Hi Andre,

I'd boxed up the Roland interface, ready to send back for a replacement, and was using my Mackie FireWire in its place, when suddenly the sound got all glitchy again. Rebooted the machine, and audio still breaks up, even though it had worked fine all day. Looking at CPU usage in task manager, it appears that the Mackie Onyx is consuming the most (about 50% of one core), which disappears when I disconnect it.

Neither Latency Checker nor Latencymon are showing any problem at all as these errors are occurring. I've uploaded yet another etl file, if you're willing to take a look:

http://dougstunes.com/DPC-Interrupt.zip

A probably unrelated curiosity shown in Latencymon are what seem to be extremely high hard page fault resolution times – 23383 us up to 76868 (that's 76 ms, right?). But these aren't occurring during the glitches; in fact they're pretty infrequent, since most of my RAM is free.

So maybe I have two crummy audio interfaces? :blink:

Thanks again...

and was using my Mackie FireWire in its place, when suddenly the sound got all glitchy again. Rebooted the machine, and audio still breaks up, even though it had worked fine all day. Looking at CPU usage in task manager, it appears that the Mackie Onyx is consuming the most (about 50% of one core), which disappears when I disconnect it.

this Mackie device is the cause:

post-70718-0-83154000-1338646510_thumb.p

post-70718-0-89060300-1338646517_thumb.p

It sens again data to the device and ths causes the high DPC/ISR CPU usage. Do you use the latest drivers? Also update the Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I´´ve been having freezes for few months now, they are caused by a process called system..

Loading the debug symbols and sorting by sampled profiles isn´t helping they look the same..

I tought maybe you can help,so I uploaded my latency.etl file

I realy want to get it fixed,every other min i get a freeze for about 10-15sec

http://www.mediafire.com/?9uit9e6ld77kt98

Most CPU usage is caused by crossfire.exe. The system process CPU usage is caused by the NetBIOS driver. This drivers tries to scan the lmhost file (netbt.sys!DelayedScanLmHostFile) and this casues the CPU usage. Is the lmhost file damaged or does the system process doesn't have access to it? Do

Most CPU usage is caused by crossfire.exe. The system process CPU usage is caused by the NetBIOS driver. This drivers tries to scan the lmhost file (netbt.sys!DelayedScanLmHostFile) and this casues the CPU usage. Is the lmhost file damaged or does the system process doesn't have access to it? Do

crossfire.exe is the game i played while the freeze happened,it happens on desktop,while watching vids from youtube and so on... I checked that the system has acess to it and how can i check if its damaged?Or how i should fix it..?I googeld it but found nothing useful:S

well, hi again.

i finally did a trace, and i tried looking through it but i couldnt make much sense out of it.

here it is though, http://www.mediafire.com/?m3r5pm1ewdmw77j

all i know is that iphlpsvc from svchost.exe has something to do w/ it.

i went through process explorer and my performance monitor and when i looked at both, i see iphlpsvc eating half of my cpu.

sometimes i see it spike over 100 (i have no idea how that happened).

right now i just turn the service off, and my cpu drops from 75-100% to 10-50%. my cpu still spikes a lot an i'm not sure if there's another thing responsible for that.

hope you can help. thanks.