Login to Account Create an Account
How to get the cause of high CPU usage caused by apps?
Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:09 PM
- Since I've installed the driver, it has calmed down considerably, but I lost so much work time I did not want to test it until I had time.
- I just did a Windows upgrade and it locked my laptop at 100% for about an hour or so after the intsall and reboot. It has finally calmed down.
- I'm also downloading another updated NVIDIA driver and will see if that makes a difference.
If there are still issues, I will post the files here for your review again. In my opinion it is the driver, but full testing will be done to confirm that in a couple days.
Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:40 AM
I appreciate your assistance in advance.
Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:27 AM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:04 PM
the svchost.exe has the high CPU usage. If you look at the "Stack count" Summary table you can see that the Umpnpmgr.DLL causes it. This is the Plug and Play service. Check the device manager if you can see yellow icons there. if yes, remove them and install the device drivers again.
I did notice the umpnpmgr.dll via process explorer, but everything looks to be OK in device manager. It's a laptop with no hardware modifications to the original configuration. Is there a way to isolate Umpnpmgr to determine what's hooked it into that behavior?
Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:19 PM
Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:32 PM
Andre i am begging you... could you please look at my trace when i upload it on mediafire? Ive tried my best but NT Kernel & System eats 50 % of my cpu when i start playing World of Tanks... Thank you Chrobak
Edited by Chrobak77, 02 September 2011 - 02:33 PM.
Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:34 PM
Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:56 AM
Edited by Chrobak77, 03 September 2011 - 04:57 AM.
Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:14 AM
Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:01 PM
Nice tutorial. It helped me greatly to find the source of high CPU usage.
But even though I know what is causing the problem, I don't know how to fix the problem: halmacpi.dll
This halmacpi.dll is using 50% or more of my cpu for 2-3 seconds in every 25-30 seconds interval. This causes a noticeable lag or unresponsiveness in my computer whenever I am doing anything that is CPU intensive. halmacpi.dll is also a part of a window system process so I can't exactly remove or shut it off either. And searching around the internet didn't help me much for finding a solution.
I've attached the screenshots of table summary.
A link to the downloadable latency.etl is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNTZL0GU
I appreciate any help or advice you could give me.
Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:36 AM
Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:02 PM
Thanks Andre! I solved my problem
the BLKWGDv8.sys indicates an issue with the Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card driver. Your driver version is 6.1061.1115.2006. So try to get an update because this driver is from 2006.
I couldn't find a latest driver for window 7 so I just disabled the device and removed the driver (wasn't using the wireless anyway) and now there is no more problem!
Thanks again man. Much appreciated
Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:46 PM
Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:58 PM
Here are the screen shots and I appreciate any help from you. Thanks.
Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:41 AM
Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:58 PM
Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:31 AM
Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:22 AM
Next install the Vista Sp2! Vista Sp1 is out of support since July 2011! And also try to enable AHCI in the BIOS to get the best HDD performance. YOu're running the HDD in IDE/ATAPI mode.
Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:55 PM
Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:33 AM
causes 36% CPU usage. There is no docu about the function. IsCleanrect maybe GDI related. So update the graphic card driver for your NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. Your driver is ForceWare 176.44 (220.127.116.1144) which is very old.
Try this satble driver:
or the latest Beta driver:
and test if this fixes it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users