Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Release 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

MrBusty

MrBusty

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 30-October 08

If anyone has any suggestions that haven't already been posted on the Release 6 thread, I'd like to hear them.

Well, maybe my wishes have been ask before...

I would love to see:
- easy slipstreaming alongside with nlite usage
- Luna Element 5.0.5 inclusion (I really like this non-shiny theme!)
=> Luna Element 5.0.5 and 5.1 are definitely the best visual styles ever! - It would be better to drop the Zune theme and include both Luna Element styles instead. :)

Edited by MrBusty, 16 January 2010 - 04:11 AM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05
Any chance of getting some command-line switches available for this bad-boy? I'd love to be able to integrate XPize back into my automated uA XP creation routine.

IceBlackIce> ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding [source]
^lol

Atlanx

Atlanx
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-December 06
Probably you can replace TaskSwitchXP with VistaSwitcher.

----
TaskSwitchXP Is Outdated. Get A Better Alt-Tab Here →

VistaSwitcher is a reincarnation of TaskSwitchXP, the key new features include:
- Outstanding UI, semi-transparent backgrounds and antialiased fonts
- Live window and desktop previews under Windows Vista and 7
- Despite the name, it works on Windows XP too ;))

VistaSwitcher runs under Windows XP/Vista and 7. There is also a native 64-bit version available for download. The program integrates into Windows natively and runs without any compatibility issues.
----

source:
http://www.ntwind.co...skswitchxp.html
http://www.ntwind.co...taswitcher.html

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Tempting, but VistaSwitcher doesn't seem to have the old XP-style that TaskSwitchXP has; remember that xpize is about making XP more like XP and not with those out-of-place Vista and 2000 bits.
Posted Image

DJ Specs

DJ Specs

MSFN DJ

• 21 posts
  • Joined 03-September 02
Any estimation on a release for version 7?
Thanks!

aprizki

aprizki
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-September 10
still down for u @@@@
help please i/m new in here
!!!!!please::::

nexus_lm

nexus_lm

• 11 posts
  • Joined 23-January 09
I have a suggestion:

fix the problem when you patch the original CD files. Normally the file cd have the extension with _ (like .ex_) and inside the cab the complete extension (.exe), after the patch both are named (.ex_). It still work fine but, could be fixed.

Edited by nexus_lm, 13 February 2011 - 01:07 PM.

nexus_lm

nexus_lm

• 11 posts
  • Joined 23-January 09
other suggestion:

with the lite option, It is possible that the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improved.

Edited by nexus_lm, 13 February 2011 - 01:06 PM.

W3bbo

W3bbo

xpize / Vize Project Lead

• Developer
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06

Any estimation on a release for version 7?
Thanks!

When I get round to it :)

The number of issues with R6 so far is kinda small. I'm still thinking about it.

still down for u @@@@
help please i/m new in here
!!!!!please::::

The download links on the xpize site all work, including LiveDrive/SkyDrive/whatever Microsoft's calling it, xpize.net website, and deviantArt.

I have a sugestion:

fix the problem when you pach the original CD files. Nolmally the file cd have the extension with _ (like .ex_) and inside the cab the complete extension (.exe), after the pach both are named (.ex_). It still work fine but, could be fixed.

If it still works, what's the problem?

other sugestion:

with the lite option, It is possible tha the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improbed.

I'm not aware of any problems caused by xpize's current 'Lite' mode with any language version of Windows.

Remember kids, "Premature Optimisation is the Root of All Evil" [Donald Knuth].
Posted Image

nexus_lm

nexus_lm

• 11 posts
  • Joined 23-January 09

other suggestion:

with the lite option, It is possible that the icons will be replaced and no added (no matter that only the original resolutions, without the hidef icons)? and that the compatibility with other languages could be improved.

I'm not aware of any problems caused by xpize's current 'Lite' mode with any language version of Windows.

The need for an "Lite" mode it's the problem, in previous post you explain that in foreign languages when you patch shell32 the file becomes too big that it becomes instable, I know that replace icons brings other troubles too but if you add an option to chose the method you let the user to decide what it's better for him.

And what I was suggested it isn't a "Premature Optimization", it could be a bug fix.

Edited by nexus_lm, 13 February 2011 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users