Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1615 replies to this topic

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08
Introducing the file-checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

To make it more simple to be up-to-date with the updates for Windows XP SP3 I wrote a tool that you can run before running hfslip. It will report problems regarding the selected main-components (IE, WMP, RDC).

It checks the contents of the subfolders of HFSLIP (HF, HFCABS, ...) and compares them with the actual update-list which is inside of HFSLIPFC. The results are:
- missing updates for selected components
- wrong updates (updates found for a non-selected component)
- obsolete updates
- unknown updates

An example of the output of the file-checker is here.

It will be updated as soon as the update-list will be updated.

Download:
You can grab this tool from my Windows XP SP3 Update-List.
(change-log, change-log update-list)

I've splitted the file-checker. Now it's a main-batch and (in my case) an extension for Windows XP.
In case that you use the file-checker still only for XP you will notice only an additional file.
In case that you want to use it also for Windows 2000, you can download a 2K-extension from Parseus here.
In case that you want to write a new extension, use this template here. Plz contact me because the OS-detection is in the main-script.

Regards,
Mimo

Edited by Mim0, 09 December 2011 - 06:08 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
hi Mim0! what will HFSLIPFC have (i.e., list of hotfixes to base on)? will this deal with all current & outdated files (like which update(s) replaces which update(s)? what if there were updates (from say sp2 that was left in hf folder), would this be disregarded? looking forward to this! cheers!
Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

what will HFSLIPFC have (i.e., list of hotfixes to base on)?

Actually it's the content of my Windows XP SP3 update-list

will this deal with all current & outdated files (like which update(s) replaces which update(s)?

Yes. Outdated files will be remarked as "obsolete" (if known as outdated) or as "unknown".

what if there were updates (from say sp2 that was left in hf folder), would this be disregarded? looking forward to this!

It will be remarked as "unknown".

cheers!

Salute! :D

Unknown-State and specialization of the update-list
For me (if I get the "unknown" state for a file) it's was a hint to remove this file.

But if someone use special updates which are not listet in my update-list, the unknown remark is not optimal (you have to check "unknown" files again manually which shall be avoided).

Plz read the remarks of the ini-file, especially FILESET. Here you can extend the existing fileset. You can write your special updates as extension (to the integrated updatelist) in a separate file (e.g. the hfslipfc.ini) to add more information (about missing and/or obsolete files).

But for this I will extend the (actually minimal) hfslip.txt to describe this.

Regards, Mimo

PS:

The list of actually needed files is (of course) up to date. But the information about obsolete updates could contain more outdated files. This is a think what I will also extend but if someone has information about outdated updates (together with the information which updated replaced the outdated update), plz gimme the info!

Edited by Mim0, 11 December 2009 - 04:25 AM.

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
mimo - This is an excellent tool! Thanks for helping the cause.

Can you do me a favor? I've been running with some hotfixes that I intentionally prefix (e.x., optional updates are named opt_, ie6 hotfixes are ie6-, etc). Prefixing the hotfixes readily identifies ie6 hotfixes, which aren't typically named like ie8 ones. Can you change your script a bit to put a wildcard before the actual filename when doing the commands? Using a wildcard will not be a prob for those who do not rename them. This isn't a critical change request, it's one of those if you feel like it type of changes.
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
hey Mim0! i tried this handy tool ... thanks!
a few thoughts:
1. could there be a short report after running the script (specifically, right after Press any key to continue ...)? or do we just scroll up (perhaps not as results could just either be short or very short)? ;)
2. will it be possible for hotfixes to be tagged as either: high priority or optional, just like how ms labels updates? or (S) as security update & (O) as optional be sufficient just like how the script shows it now?
3. how about this tool fitting as HFSLIP_PRE*.CMD & there'll just be a prompt to continue when one is done re-arranging contents of HF, HFGUIRUNONCE & HFCABS?
4. how about going through HFSVCPACK_SW1 & HFSVCPACK_SW2? do we just add it in this portion:
REM ------------------------------------------------REM hfslip-folders to check. When using more than REM one folder, separate them by semocolon.REM HF, HFGUIRUNONCE and HFCABS are default!REM ------------------------------------------------FOLDERSET=HF\*.*;HFGUIRUNONCE\*.*;HFCABS\*.*
thanks again for the tool. :thumbup
cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 11 December 2009 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

1. could there be a short report after running the script (specifically, right after Press any key to continue ...)?

I'm afraid I didn't understood. :) The task for HFSLIPFC is to report uncorrect updates. What kind of report do you have in mind?

2. will it be possible for hotfixes to be tagged as either: high priority or optional, just like how ms labels updates?

These are already tagges with (S) = Security Updates and (O) as optional updates.

3. how about this tool fitting as HFSLIP_PRE*.CMD & there'll just be a prompt to continue when one is done re-arranging contents of HF, HFGUIRUNONCE & HFCABS?

I don't know HFSLIP_PRE*.CMD.

4. how about going through HFSVCPACK_SW1 & HFSVCPACK_SW2? do we just add it in this portion:

REM ------------------------------------------------REM hfslip-folders to check. When using more than REM one folder, separate them by semocolon.REM HF, HFGUIRUNONCE and HFCABS are default!REM ------------------------------------------------FOLDERSET=HF\*.*;HFGUIRUNONCE\*.*;HFCABS\*.*
cheers!

As far HFSLIPFC covers the updates of my update-list. For the case that you are using your own list (e.g. in a separate file - that's already possible) you can change the folders to check. This can be done in the HFSLIPFC.INI which is individual. But as default only these three folders are necessary.

Thx, Mimo

HFSLIPFC.INI

The idea is that this ini will be keeped even for a new version of HFSLIPFC. You can select your main components here but also additional updates or ignoring updates (with a personal remark). Than the folderset may also be modified.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06

1. could there be a short report after running the script (specifically, right after Press any key to continue ...)?

I'm afraid I didn't understood. :) The task for HFSLIPFC is to report uncorrect updates. What kind of report do you have in mind?

like hfslip.log ;)

2. will it be possible for hotfixes to be tagged as either: high priority or optional, just like how ms labels updates?

These are already tagges with (S) = Security Updates and (O) as optional updates.

hehehe ... you beat me to the buzzer here ... just went through the results & noticed the S & the O ... so i modified my post maybe less than a min before you submitted your reply :rolleyes:

I don't know HFSLIP_PRE*.CMD.

like this from hfslip.org - advanced features:

9. HFSLIP_PRE*.CMD and HFSLIP_POST*.CMD - Extensions for HFSLIP

You can write your own plugins/extensions to the HFSLIP code. CMD files of which the name starts with "HFSLIP_PRE" are called right before new binaries are slipstreamed into the new source while CMD files of which the name starts with "HFSLIP_POST" are called when SOURCESS is just ready (before ISO creation). These CMD files are to be placed in the HFTOOLS folder. Paths are relative to the location of the main HFSLIP CMD file. This feature is unsupported.

cheers!

As far HFSLIPFC covers the updates of my update-list. For the case that you are using your own list (e.g. in a separate file - that's already possible) you can change the folders to check. This can be done in the HFSLIPFC.INI which is individual. But as default only these three folders are necessary.

tried adding HFSVCPACK, HFSVCPACK_SW1 & HFSVCPACK_SW2 apart from the defaults but didn't work (as reported here

Thx, Mimo

HFSLIPFC.INI

The idea is that this ini will be keeped even for a new version of HFSLIPFC. You can select your main components here but also additional updates or ignoring updates (with a personal remark). Than the folderset may also be modified.

thanks Mim0! :D
Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08
Hi Kiki

like hfslip.log

hfslipfc nopause >hfslipfc.log :D

...FOLDERSET...

Folderset will be used for searching for wrong/unknown/obsolete updates. Missing updates are independend from the folderset. See here :)

Edited by Mim0, 11 December 2009 - 04:30 PM.

cyberyeye

cyberyeye

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Very useful script :thumbup
But some update and cab is classified as "unknown", why ? Is this a bug or feature ?

Check for wrong, obsolete and unknown updates:
----------------------------------------------
Unknown: HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe
Unknown: HF\Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-FRA.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-FRA-x86.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-FRA.exe
Unknown: HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\OGAControl.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\wuweb_site.cab

Everything else is fine ;)
ps: full log in attachments...

Attached Files

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06

But some update and cab is classified as "unknown", why ? Is this a bug or feature ?

hi cyberyeye! those that aren't in accordance with Mim0's list, in particular entries in tables 2, 3, 4 & 5, (as this list is the basis for cross-checking files, including those additional hotfixes that we have) will be identified in general as either "unknown" or "missing". Mim0 has still to figure out how to effectively identify if we have the latest files in HFCABS. i agree, indeed a very useful script :thumbup

i too have the following:
[font="Courier New"]Check for wrong, obsolete and unknown updates:----------------------------------------------Unknown: HF\KB961742-v3.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 3)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 9)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-ENU-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB915865-v11-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 7)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 1)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HFCABS (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\MUAuth.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\MuCatalogWebControl.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\muweb_site.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\wsusscn2.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 8)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\wuweb_site.cab[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- in HFCABS (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFSVCPACK\WindowsXP_KB968389_x86.reg[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 2, description column)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFSVCPACK_SW1\SmartCard_XP_x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000FF"]--- (table 9)[/color]

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 12 December 2009 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

As Kiki already explained the Windows/Microsoft Update-things are not included yet. This comes in the next release. :)

i too have the following:...

I check it!

Regards, Mimo

mukke

mukke

• 43 posts
  • Joined 25-January 08
Thank you,

gotta try this while little schnitzel eating on a sunday..

Geej

Geej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 01-January 08
Hi Mim0
Useful script. :)
Just to let you know I had my WMP11 put in HF\WPM11 folder (they are extracted files). Your script says:
Check missing updates for WMP11:
--------------------------------
missing (S): HF\wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe (Windows Media Player 11)
I know I dun have wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe b'cause they are in extracted form. Maybe you can look into it. Thanks

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

i too have the following:

[font="Courier New"]Check for wrong, obsolete and unknown updates:----------------------------------------------Unknown: HF\KB961742-v3.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 3)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 9)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-ENU-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HF (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB915865-v11-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 7)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 1)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HFCABS (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\MUAuth.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\MuCatalogWebControl.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\muweb_site.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HFCABS (table 11)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\wsusscn2.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 8)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFCABS\wuweb_site.cab[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- in HFCABS (table 10)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFSVCPACK\WindowsXP_KB968389_x86.reg[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 2, description column)[/color][font="Courier New"]Unknown: HFSVCPACK_SW1\SmartCard_XP_x86.exe[/font] [color="#0000ff"]--- (table 9)[/color]

• For KB961742-v3.exe (also for WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in table 3) I don't know the folder and so it's not included in hfslipfc.
  • kb890830 is now included.
  • KB909520 - I don't know the folder.
  • KB917275 is now included
  • WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe is now included
  • KB898461 is now included
  • KB905474 is now included
  • KB915865 - I don't know the folder.
  • KB936929 fixed
  • LegitCheckControl.cab included now
  • MUAuth.cab included now
  • muweb_site.cab included now
  • wsusscn2.cab - for what do you want to include this??? :)
  • wuweb_site.cab included now
  • WindowsXP_KB968389_x86 solution has to come
  • SmartCard_XP_x86.exe - I don't know the folder.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Hi Mim0
Useful script. :)
Just to let you know I had my WMP11 put in HF\WPM11 folder (they are extracted files). Your script says:

missing (S): HF\wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe (Windows Media Player 11)
I know I dun have wmp11-windowsxp-x86-ENU.exe b'cause they are in extracted form. Maybe you can look into it. Thanks

A solution will come.

Just a question: Why do you have it in extracted form?

Regards, Mimo

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09

• SmartCard_XP_x86.exe - I don't know the folder.

For this update it should be HF (if you rename this update to WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-xxx.exe; xxx - language) or HFSVCPACK_SW1.

Geej

Geej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 01-January 08

Just a question: Why do you have it in extracted form?

Regards, Mimo

Just to reduce HFSlip runtime... :P
(If DirectX 9.0c Redistributable also can do it this way, I would love too )

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06

• For KB961742-v3.exe (also for WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in table 3) I don't know the folder and so it's not included in hfslipfc. --- i have the 1st 1 in HF; i took out the 2nd 1 for it had caused troubles for me:

hey Mim0, could you please cross-ref this with our current XP list, esp WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe. (this 1 has given me lots of errors. could there be other HF as requisites for this?) ... your thoughts? thanks!
    EDIT: i have confirmed that WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe has caused a lot of errors during text mode of setup. tried it even with & without WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU in HF too to see if it could address .ps1xml errors but to no avail.

• kb890830 is now included.
  • KB909520 - I don't know the folder. --- i put it in HF
  • KB917275 is now included
  • WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe is now included
  • KB898461 is now included
  • KB905474 is now included
  • KB915865 - I don't know the folder. --- i placed it in HF
  • KB936929 fixed
  • LegitCheckControl.cab included now
  • MUAuth.cab included now
  • muweb_site.cab included now
  • wsusscn2.cab - for what do you want to include this??? :) --- :) saw this from your list as a "to do" in table 8; just thought i'd try it out
  • wuweb_site.cab included now
  • WindowsXP_KB968389_x86 solution has to come --- this is the 1 that requires the .reg file
  • SmartCard_XP_x86.exe - I don't know the folder. --- for me, it's in HFSVCPACK_SW1

comments (text colored differently) inserted within the quote ... i suppose for contents in HFCABS, we must be sure to put updated files there (as there'd be no way for the script to look into each .cab's contents) ... thanks Mim0.

btw, i have posted an inquiry about msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86 vs WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU *** in another post ... looking forward to your feedback about it too

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 14 December 2009 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07
Hi Mimo!

I just tried the latest File Checker, file named hfslipfc-091213.zip, with hfslipfc.cmd dated 12/13/2009 11:58 pm, against HFSLIP files put together using your update list dated 12/11 EXACTLY, with the following results: (note the heading "File-Checker (Build 2009/12/11)")

E:\HFSLIP>hfslipfc.cmd
------------------------------------------
File-Checker (Build 2009/12/11) for HFSLIP
See following site for further details:
people.freenet.de/MisterMoster/hfslip.htm
HFSLIPFC will report missing, obsolete and
unknown updates for Windows XP SP3.
Start this from your HFSLIP-folder.

Service Pack included in source = SP3
Language: ENU (EN-US)
Selected components:
Internet Explorer = IE8
Windows Media Player = WMP11
Remote Desktop Client = RDC7
folders to check = HF\*.*;HFGUIRUNONCE\*.*;HFCABS\*.*;HFSVCPACK\*.*;HFSVCPACK_
SW1\*.*
Update-lists = hfslipfc.cmd
List missing optional updates = 1
(:-) 2009 Mimo
Press any key to continue . . .

Check for wrong, obsolete and unknown updates:
----------------------------------------------
Unknown: HF\KB961742-v3.exe
Unknown: HF\windows-kb890830-v3.2.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-ENU-x86.exe
Unknown: HF\windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe
Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe
obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU.exe (MS08-069: XML Core Services (MSXML6
), replaced by KB973687)
obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB955069-x86-ENU.exe (MS08-069: XML Core Services (MSXML3
), replaced by KB973687)
Unknown: HF\WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe
obsolete: HF\WindowsXP-KB969898-x86-ENU.exe (ActiveX Kill Bits Update Rollup, re
placed by KB973346)
Unknown: HFCABS\IEAWSDC.CAB
Unknown: HFCABS\LegitCheckControl.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\MUAuth.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\MuCatalogWebControl.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\muweb_site.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\OGAControl.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\opuc4.cab
Unknown: HFCABS\wuweb_site.cab
Unknown: HFSVCPACK\drive_autorun.reg
Unknown: HFSVCPACK\WindowsXP_KB968389_x86.reg

Check missing updates for Windows XP SP3:
-----------------------------------------

Check missing updates for IE8:
------------------------------

Check missing updates for RDC7:
-------------------------------

The following things cannot be checked automatically (so far):
--------------------------------------------------------------
- Adobe Flash Player (in SWFLASH.CAB) must be 10.0.42.34
- The Roots Certificates Update (rootsupd.exe) must be 23.0.2195.0

Press any key to continue . . .

E:\HFSLIP>

I thought that several of the unknown items were supposed to be taken care of in this latest version. Also, all 3 of the files that are flagged as obsolete are still listed in Table 2 as required, and in fact, the file your program lists as the appropriate replacement for KB969898, ie KB973346, is listed in Table 7 as being replaced itself by KB973525.

I also noticed that Kiki Burgh is having problems with WindowsXP-KB968930-x86-ENG.exe in the post above. I assume I will, too, since I'm trying basically the same setup. Any idea what's going on?

Please don't misunderstand in any way. I think that this program and your list are absolutely GREAT and you do a fantastic job keeping it up to date and being responsive to anyone with a problem. I can see this program evolving into something along the lines of Autopatcher, or using a download mechanism similar to what's used in this tool, where you would check off the various options you want included, IE8, WMP11, etc, and it goes off and downloads all the current updates that HFSLIP needs and puts them in the correct folder for you, if you don't have them there already, and then it gives you the option of going ahead and running HFSLIP, or not - if you want to change anything. Anyway, I can dream.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers and Regards.

Edited by bphlpt, 15 December 2009 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07
Almost forgot ...

In Table 7 you list that (KB943729) needs XMLLite (KB915865). Therefore, would there be any reason why we would not want to include KB915865 in HF?

Also, while this

like hfslip.log

hfslipfc nopause >hfslipfc.log

is easy enough, the few times I've run the tool I've usually forgotten and had to run it again or cut and paste from the command window. It might be nice for there to be a Log - Yes or No line in hfslipfc.ini perhaps. Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt, 14 December 2009 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
hehehe! same findings with bphlpt ... ran the cmd from hfslipfc-091213.zip too & those updates supposedly not to be identified as unknown or missing still came up. ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 14 December 2009 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

Geej

Geej

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 01-January 08
Hi, Mimo
I made a small autoit console script to detect current SWflash.cab version.
I'm not surewhat you think and whether it is of any use.

It writes to console the current Flash version number.
I'm not good with batch script so I dun know how to pipe the result to your script.
Place this file in same folder as hfslipfc.cmd
Pls test run in console mode

Detectswflashver.exe
Size: 277.71 Kb (284,377 bytes)
MD5: F24C57297D4038429E4C1A277CB88119

Regards

Parseus

Parseus

Junior

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 03-October 09
I've run HFSLIPFC and I found this:

missing (S): HF\msxml4-KB973685-PLK.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build 2107)

That MSXML4 hotfix is not available in Polish.

Edited by Parseus, 15 December 2009 - 06:59 AM.

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 17-May 04

I've run HFSLIPFC and I found this:

missing (S): HF\msxml4-KB973685-PLK.exe (XML Core Services 4.0 (MSXML4) SP3 Build 2107)

That MSXML4 hotfix is not available in Polish.

Also not available in Greek. There is not msxml4-KB973685-ELL.exe

Although we can install msxml4-KB973685-enu.exe if it is not availbale in our language.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08
@Parseus&bfc_xxx
THX for the hint!!! I will update hfslipfc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users