The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

2010-01-22

- Added: Flexible handling of file-prefixes (beta-state).

Because it's beta-state no INI setting will be created

when a new INI will be written. Please set

PREFIX=*

manually in the ini (somewhere).

With this change, pipe-chars and backspaces are not

allowed anymore in comments of update/ignore-lists.

- Added: MS10-002: Internet Explorer (KB978207)

- Removed: MS09-072: Internet Explorer (KB976325)

- Fixed: MSXML4-updates KB954430, KB936181 and KB973688 comes also with

a reduced language-set

- Added: KB958469 (for RDC5) will now reported as "wrong" instead of "unknown"

Can you put a wildcard before each of the checked filenames? I segregate XP's ie hotfixes with "IE6-" and optional hotfixes with "opt-" so I can do various test scenerios. Thanks!
Hi tommyp,

plz would you test it? place somewhere in the INI

PREFIX=*

and any file can have any prefix :D

Mimo

thanks for updating the tool Mim0! how about the other updates i brought up? would theses not qualify?

hi Mim0! it'd seem the following didn't make it in your current update list & hfslifc:
you might want to check on Article ID: 974905 - Last Review: January 13, 2010 - Revision: 2.0 :) another FIX for wmp came across it here, courtesy of rick
would this make it in your update list & in hfslipfc:
The MDAC update kb952287 is superseded by kb961451 ...
? i have WindowsXP-KB961451-v2-x86-ENU.exe from Article ID: 961451 - Last Review: August 25, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
cheers!

also, just want to bring to your attention that link to your list has this for both ff357 & ie8: Phishing site blocked

thanks! ;)

thanks for updating the tool Mim0! how about the other updates i brought up? would theses not qualify?
hi Mim0! it'd seem the following didn't make it in your current update list & hfslifc:
you might want to check on Article ID: 974905 - Last Review: January 13, 2010 - Revision: 2.0 :) another FIX for wmp came across it here, courtesy of rick
would this make it in your update list & in hfslipfc:
The MDAC update kb952287 is superseded by kb961451 ...
? i have WindowsXP-KB961451-v2-x86-ENU.exe from Article ID: 961451 - Last Review: August 25, 2009 - Revision: 2.0
cheers!
Hi Kiki,

I'm sorry that it seems I would ignore these hotfixes. The problem is the hint in both articles:

This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
I think there comes a new categoriy of updates. I will add this but I have to manage it in the file-checker also. I think it's not as critical like sec updates but first I have to identify all other Fixes (I think in the WMP11 section are more of them) and then mark them in the list and then manage them in the filcheker (I think a "H" Hotfix instead of "O" optional and a new INI-setting to list missing hotfixes.

So... I'm well prepared... :)

also, just want to bring to your attention that link to your list has this for both ff357 & ie8: Phishing site blocked

thanks! ;)

:( he? Where does the information comes? I'dont activated the phshing filter...

THX for your help!

Have a nice weekend

Mimo

hi Mim0!

i knew reason had something to do with the other comments ... generally though these fixes all still undergo testing & as such are released to the public only upon requests ... i was thinking that in some angle, you've been considering this kind of fixes. but i respect your call ;)

as for the Phishing issue, here's exactly how it looked like:

post-84520-1264213295_thumb.jpg

this was immediately upon going to your updates link after your post ...

it's okay now though ... perhaps this was during the time you were updating it

cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Did you add update WindowsXP-KB954708-x86-PLK.exe to your file checker??
yes ehm... no :blushing: ...forgotten it. Thx for remembering me :thumbup

- - -EDIT- - -

2010-01-23

- Added: KB954708 (Serialization of complex (XMP) data types)

:)

Edited by Mim0

I read the descriptions of KB971314 and KB961118.

I think they solve the same problem but KB971314 is the newer one.

I was thinking about the same earlier, but somehow WU still wanted from me KB961118 when I didn't integrate it.

I think it's coming from openDNS.
hi Mim0! i've no idea why this is so. i've been getting this lately regularly (for both ff357 & ie8) & find it difficult accessing your website :} i didn't configure anything involving opendns ... i've already reported this in the redirect site (in the image i posted earlier) ... could be my isp? could there by any other link where we can access your update list?

i'm reading these:

http://www.labnol.org/software/browsers/pr...ss-bar-ie/2662/

http://www.opendns.com/support/article/140

but any support will be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

I think it's coming from openDNS.
hi Mim0! i've no idea why this is so. i've been getting this lately regularly (for both ff357 & ie8) & find it difficult accessing your website :} i didn't configure anything involving opendns ... i've already reported this in the redirect site (in the image i posted earlier) ... could be my isp? could there by any other link where we can access your update list?

i'm reading these:

http://www.labnol.org/software/browsers/pr...ss-bar-ie/2662/

http://www.opendns.com/support/article/140

but any support will be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

You have not configured your browsers to use OpenDNS? Probably you're right that your ISP works together with OpenDNS. I just read in Wikipedia that OpenDNS uses lists to identify phishingsites. But http://people.freenet.de is just a free website-hoster. I'm using it for many years... I'm using a web-counter (on the bottom on the list)... is this the problem?

Can you test this:

http://people.freenet.de/MisterMoster/hfsl...and_counter.htm

You have not configured your browsers to use OpenDNS? Probably you're right that your ISP works together with OpenDNS. I just read in Wikipedia that OpenDNS uses lists to identify phishingsites. But http://people.freenet.de is just a free website-hoster. I'm using it for many years... I'm using a web-counter (on the bottom on the list)... is this the problem?
i didn't configure anything ... all along i've not been getting these ... then all of a sudden it just prevents me from doing so ... initially, intermittently ... i normally access your site from favorites or from hfslip's windows update thread
works great for me ... thanks Mim0!

till now I'm using this patches:

WindowsXP-KB954920-v2-x86-DEU.exe

WindowsXP-KB957579-x86-DEU.exe (KB957579 replaces KB951748 and KB956803)

Thx, I will list it! :)
Why is WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-ENU-x86.exe on the list?

I think it is for SP2.

Yes, SP2 of Windows Rights Management Services Client. Because KB917275 is not included in SP3, I think it's valid for integration (personally I don't use it).
1) I read the descriptions of KB971314 and KB961118.

I think they solve the same problem but KB971314 is the newer one.

2) Is it realy possible to install this patch before DOTNET because I think it solves a problem that occurs after installing DOTNET?

1) Yes, can be. I listed both because I found no file-information for KB971314.

2) I don't know. Normally newer files wouldn't be overwritten by older files. Can you test it?

Thx, Mimo