The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

Mimo, Micro$hit updated MRT from 4.0.5301 to 4.0.5400, Again, new version is required.

c ya!

Yes, I saw it already yesterday when looking into Microsoft-downloads that MRT was updated. I downloaded the new MRT but yesterday It was still the same version.

I download it again...

...OK, today 5400 is available now.

Added to Windows-udaptes and to file-checker:

2011-09-28
- Added: Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.0.5400.0
- Removed: Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.0.5301.0

Edited by Mim0

new filechecker extension for xp:

2011-10-06
- Added: Adobe Flash Player 11.0.1.152 (HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta J v6 is recommended)
- Removed: Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.10

With Flash Player 11 there comes a new icon to the control-panel. Now you can change the Flash Player settings without being online. You need the new HFSLIP to install this icon correctly to the control-panel.

Please download all from my site! Thx!!! :)

Mimo

@jvidal

I decided to add support for the new control panel icon to HFSLIP (-> v6)

For this, the SWFLASH.CAB must have these changes (in comparison the the version 10.x):

- the FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl must be inside of the CAB

- the swflash.inf must have the necessary reg-value inside

You can download the new SWFLASH.CAB from my site! ;)

Edited by Mim0

Mimo, that new control panel icon was already present on previous versions...I don't know if hfslip was able to handle the installation, but it was there when installing FP via the installer.

Oh, and thx for the latest version!

Edited by jvidal

Mimo, that new control panel icon was already present on previous versions...I don't know if hfslip was able to handle the installation, but it was there when installing FP via the installer.

Oh, and thx for the latest version!

The control-panel icon was already in 10.x? Why doesn't anybody told me that? ;):D I thought it was new in 11.x. Nevertheless, HFSLIP now handles the CPL-file correctly... :)

Hi, Mimo, M$ released MRT 4.1 today (and probably new updates, haven't checked yet). We need to start preparing for a new version...

Yes, october-patches are released, tomorrow is a good time to make it. :-)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms11-oct

As always MS messed someting up :P

1. Windows-en-US-KB2564958.exe <- What's this? Why using such a non-standard filename?

2. .NET Framework 2.0 update KB2572073 is said to replace KBKB983583... but KB983583 had already been replaced by KB2446704.

EDIT

After short checking I can say that indeed KB2572073 does not replace KB2446704 as mscorjit.dll is not included :} so you need both KB2446704 & KB2572073.

Edited by tomasz86

Are you planning to update the list of hotfixes to Office 2003?

yes, of course :blushing:

1. Windows-en-US-KB2564958.exe <- What's this? Why using such a non-standard filename?

that's not the first update with a non-standard filename-scheme. The file-checker will respect this :)

2. .NET Framework 2.0 update KB2572073 is said to replace KBKB983583... but KB983583 had already been replaced by KB2446704.

Thx, but NET-Framework-updates are not handled on my site :whistle:. Should it?

that's not the first update with a non-standard filename-scheme. The file-checker will respect this :)

I know :) I'm just complaining at MS for not using the standard format. Is it really that difficult? :P

Thx, but NET-Framework-updates are not handled on my site :whistle:. Should it?

Well, my post was a kind of an informative one. .NET Framework updates can't be processed by HFSLIP directly (you need to use a switchless installer or an addon). I keep a full list of .NET Framework 1.1/2.0 updates (link in my signature).

Edited by tomasz86