The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

Thx, Mimo!

I found another issue, though. Turns out KB2378111 is NOT only for WMP9. On a PC with WMP11, MU still asks for it, just check the KB article an you'll see that it's listed under WMP9, 10 & 11.

bye!

Thx, Mimo!

I found another issue, though. Turns out KB2378111 is NOT only for WMP9. On a PC with WMP11, MU still asks for it, just check the KB article an you'll see that it's listed under WMP9, 10 & 11.

Very good eye jvidal, i didn't note because i took'em from MS### bulletins.

I don't think is an issue but it needs to be included (show as needed by WMP 10 & 11 too) in updates-list, this update doesn't change for any of th three WM. WMP9, WMP10 & WMP11 share the same link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=BBF153E7-E764-46A0-A33B-81B7288D346C&displaylang=en

Just look at the table here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS10-082.mspx

It ONLY replaces KB979402 for wmp9, for the newer ones it's needed, but doesn't replace any previous update.

And yes, it's the same update for all versions, I checked.

I think you need to fix the script, 'cause it's flagging it as unneeded when using WMP11 (which is incorrect).

bye!

Edited by jvidal

thx, buddy! :) I had no time to test a new installation so far. thank you for helping!!!

new file-checker-extension for XP:

2010-10-15
- Fixed: KB2378111 (MS10-082: Windows Media Player) is not only for WMP9 but
also for WMP11.
- Fixed: October security-updates were marked as high-priority-updates.

Hi Mim0!

I just want to say that using the reg-file for KB2264107 is not recommended for HFSLIP usage as it removes the CWD from the default DLL search order. Found out the hard way by trying to make a new HFSLIP environment using VM.

HFSLIP can't extract hot-fixes with this reg-tweak, I always get the message “Extraction Failed” - “File is corrupt” and files are not being copied to TEMP directory for that reason. Manually extracting hot-fixes with an absolute path is working by the way. :wacko:

Example 1: Does not work (used internally by HFSLIP)

HF\WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe /X:TEMP

Example 2: Working as usual

HF\WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe /X:C:\HFSLIP\TEMP

If this is confirmed, maybe something can be mentioned in your update-list Mim0, other than it's optional?

BTW, thanks for the time you put into HFSLIP... :thumbup

Edited by CEoCEo

@CEoCEo

Good observation! I can confirm this problem. It's strange...

Example 1: Does not work (used internally by HFSLIP)

HF\WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe /X:TEMP

Example 2: Working as usual

HF\WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe /X:C:\HFSLIP\TEMP

... but it's fact.

At least I should make a hint in the list... Thx for reporting this!!!

HFSlip ignore WindowsXP-KB968930-x86 and i can't integrate this hotfix with hfslip..

If I remember right, there was a discussion here. Search for it when needed. But on the other side: KB968930 as based on NET-framework. And w/o having NET installed you cannot use KB968930 (at least for my understanding).

But if you really want to have it on your WinXP-CD, put it in HFSVCPACK_SW1 (because it supports the cmd-line-switches /quite /norestart). I don't know if it has the expected effect (because NET is not installed).

New version of the file-checker:

2010-10-21
- Fixed: Added missing escape-chars before the round brackets of the outputs
from the check of the Flash Player.

new version of the extension for Windows XP:

2010-10-21
- Added: Dependency-check for KB923561: it will be obsolete when
using KB955759 (advisory). To replace KB923561 completely,
KB979687 and KB2259922 are also necessary. But these are
security-updates and expected by the file-checker anyway.
- Added: Check for a problematic value of CWDIllegalInDllSearch.

Thx to -X- for the replacement info

Thx to CEoCEo for the hint regarding HFSLIP and CWDIllegalInDllSearch

The new CWDIllegalInDllSearch will give a warning when found a problematic value of CWDIllegalInDllSearch in the registry. Also I added a hint in the update-list (table 6) to HFSLIP regarding this registry-value.

Edited by Mim0

• 3 weeks later...

new version of the extension for Windows XP:

2010-11-11
- Added: Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64
- Added: Malicious Software Removal Tool 3.13
- Removed: Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3
- Removed: Malicious Software Removal Tool 3.12

Hi Mimo!

On a freshly installed WinXP, MU offers KB2345886 and KB982214 as an important update. But when installing only KB2345886, after next reboot KB982214 not offered by MU. (That's right, 2345886 replaces 982214)

So why 2345886 is an optional update? (If i'm right, in the filechecker KB2345886 must be a security update) FIXME, if i'm wrong :unsure:

Update:

hfslip starts with an error.

http://img261.imageshack.us/i/hfslerror.jpg/

(sorry for my bad english)

this says:

error: the system can't find the specified registry ID and values.

Edited by pityu100

On a freshly installed WinXP, MU offers KB2345886 and KB982214 as an important update. But when installing only KB2345886, after next reboot KB982214 not offered by MU. (That's right, 2345886 replaces 982214)

So why 2345886 is an optional update? (If i'm right, in the filechecker KB2345886 must be a security update) FIXME, if i'm wrong :unsure:

Normally I look an windows-update to see if an update is important or optional. I think I've made an error when adding this update to the list.

Update:

hfslip starts with an error.

http://img261.images.../hfslerror.jpg/

(sorry for my bad english)

this says:

error: the system can't find the specified registry ID and values.

Oh, I'm checking the registry-value for CWDIllegalInDllSearch, because HFSLIP runs in problems when CWDIllegalInDllSearch is set to 0xfffff...

But I must handle the option that the key is not on the system.

THX for reporting this! I really appreciate it!!! :)

Nice weekend, Mimo