• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Mim0

The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

1,617 posts in this topic

Alright, I made a new package for hfslip, but I think HFSLIP needs a minor modification, because now the control panel applet is split into two files: a small CPL file and a bigger exe.

The script needs to be modified to deal with those two files (actually, only with the additional exe).

grab it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7065652/SWFLASH.CAB

(can someone mod HFSLIP?)

11.2 adds a Windows service and a scheduled task. FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

grab it here: http://dl.dropbox.co...652/SWFLASH.CAB

(can someone mod HFSLIP?)

Sure... :D

11.2 adds a Windows service and a scheduled task. FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Should be no problem to integrate it in HFSLIP (or probably just in the CAB?) Edited by Mim0

Update for Root Certificates For Windows XP [March 2012] (KB931125)
Thx!!! :)

I think that flash update service falls outside the scope of this project. I mean, If you want all the functions, then install the full package from adobe. The swflash package is intended only to address a security issue.

Just my $2.

I think that flash update service falls outside the scope of this project. I mean, If you want all the functions, then install the full package from adobe. The swflash package is intended only to address a security issue.

That's an idea..

I think I will offer two CABs... one with updater inside and another w/o the updater.

Could anybody give me the English description of the "Adobe Flasher Player Update Service"? You should find in in the registry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc

Thx! :)

This service keeps your Adobe Flash Player installation up to date with the latest enhancements and security fixes.

This service keeps your Adobe Flash Player installation up to date with the latest enhancements and security fixes.

Thx!!! :)

there you go:

in my case, the desc. is in spanish (another issue, you will have to make a pack for EACH language, not a good idea)

"Este servicio mantiene actualizada la instalación de Adobe Flash Player con las últimas mejoras y soluciones de seguridad."

I think I will offer two CABs... one with updater inside and another w/o the updater.

This is probably the best idea. Not everyone likes to have the autoupdater service running all the time, especially on a slow computer. Also, as jvidal said above, it'd have to be created for every language separately (you can just use the English version though). The last one, the new Flash installer doesn't work in Windows 2000 (with no unofficial kernel installed) so the autoupdater probably won't work either (the flash itself works; only the installer doesn't).

It doesn't run all the time. The service is set to manual. I guess it fires up once an hour and checks the Adobe website for a new version and then shuts itself down.

Mimo,

Just wanted to point out when you have the wrong Update for Root Certificates file, the file checker says that UPHClean-Setup is wrong even though it's the correct one.

M2GD

there you go:

in my case, the desc. is in spanish (another issue, you will have to make a pack for EACH language, not a good idea)

This is probably the best idea. Not everyone likes to have the autoupdater service running all the time, especially on a slow computer. Also, as jvidal said above, it'd have to be created for every language separately (you can just use the English version though).

SWFLASH.CAB always has been released in English, if you want to make sure, just extract swflash.ini en look for:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID%","Locale",,"EN"

Since found out, i do my own cab with the right "language set" whenever i have time:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%GUID%","Locale",,"ES"

How to verify it is installed and working in english?

Go to youtube and play a video

Right click inside the video and read the menu. Is the menu in your language (other than english)?

And, like I said before, hfslip needs to be modified, in order for it to handle the newly-split control panel...

just a short feedback for you all: I have the modificated HFSLIP ready and also the new CABs. I needed a couple of tests but now I think I have it. I also had a lot of work last days - that's the reason why it tooks so long.

I just have to package them for a correct download:

• the new HFSLIP,
  • the new SWLASH.CAB w/o updater and also
  • the new SWFLASH.CAB with updater

Edited by Mim0

Just wanted to point out when you have the wrong Update for Root Certificates file, the file checker says that UPHClean-Setup is wrong even though it's the correct one.

Hi! could you tell me in which version of the file-checker you found that bug? In the current version I checked the code - found nothing. I tested it with a wrong rootsupd.exe - no error (I checked console-output and log-file). :no: Edited by Mim0

MimO,

Thanks for the new version of the file checker, HFSLIP, and SWFLASH.CAB.

For some reason the update function did not update. I've provided a screenshot below.

post-224904-0-72072600-1333768667_thumb.

Hi! could you tell me in which version of the file-checker you found that bug? In the current version I checked the code - found nothing. I tested it with a wrong rootsupd.exe - no error (I checked console-output and log-file). :no:

It happened on the previous version of the file checker and on the current version also.

Screenshot using old or wrong version of rootsupd.exe:

post-224904-0-43494000-1333770044_thumb.

Screenshot using Current version of rootsupd.exe:

post-224904-0-10119400-1333769088_thumb.

M2GD

For some reason the update function did not update. I've provided a screenshot below.

Thx for the info. I look on the webserver and found an old update-info-file. Yesterday, the ftp-access was very bad. I just use a simple upload-ftp-script - no read-back! I think I have to read the data back after uploading to compare that all is ok!

It happened on the previous version of the file checker and on the current version also.

I'm sorry, but I think I need more info. I've done the folloing:

- Get my HFSLIP-folder absolutely correct - file-checker says all is OK.

- Than I copied an older rootsupd.exe to HF

==> The message from the file-checker is correctly!!! Nothing with UPHC...

Where's the difference? Hmmm....

I'm sorry, but I think I need more info. I've done the folloing:

- Get my HFSLIP-folder absolutely correct - file-checker says all is OK.

- Than I copied an older rootsupd.exe to HF

==> The message from the file-checker is correctly!!! Nothing with UPHC...

Where's the difference? Hmmm....

MimO,

I believe I've found the problem here.

In the File-Checker where you check file size for Flash, Roots, and UphClean if they are not correct you set errorlevel to 1 and display the error message.

In my case Roots is wrong so errorlevel is set to 1. When UPHC comes the errorlevel is already 1 so it "thinks" it wrong (even tho it's correct!) and displays message.

If you reset the errorlevel to 0 (which is default i.e. correct), after an error, then UPHC will display "ok" because it's correct.

What do you think?

M2GD

P.S.: The updater works great now. Thanks for the fix.

What do you think?

I think that this is very mysterious!!! :unsure:

It's not a problen to reset the errorlevel but why didn't I have this wrong message?

Why does this script behaviours different on our PCs? Could it be caused by differents OS's? I'm running the FC on Win XP SP3!

What do you think?

I think that this is very mysterious!!! :unsure:

It's not a problen to reset the errorlevel but why didn't I have this wrong message?

Why does this script behaviours different on our PCs? Could it be caused by differents OS's? I'm running the FC on Win XP SP3!

Mimo,

Not to belabor this point but what "wrong" roots update did you use?

I'm running FC on WinXPSP3 also.

Just curious if I can find a reason to your querry.

M2GD