The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

Thx guys, I will add it to the list!

btw, I use the Microsoft cab sdk with the following command line:

cabarc -m LZX:21 N SWFLASH.CAB SWFLASH\*.*

where SWFLASH is a subfolder with the files of the flash player

I found no way to get the CABs smaller...

New filechecker for win2k. Almost all bugs are removed

http://zalil.ru/30884571

Very cool! I've no knowledge aboud W2K-updates, but I noticed two things:

- SWFLASH is not the latest one. If the latest Flash Player works on W2K you could take the info from the XP-extension

- The update-URL is from Parseus. As far you don't modify the date of the script, there's no problem (it's still 2010/06/09). But if you set it to the current date, the file-checker will see i difference to what is in http://dhost.info/pa...hfslipfc-2k.ver and will download the older script (yes, even when it's older!). You should remove the extInfoUrl (set it to an empty value) or create a hfslipfc-2k.ver with the download-information (if you have questions about hfslipfc-2k.ver please ask ;) Do you have the possibility to host it on a webspace?

But anyway... good work! :thumbup

Do you use bristols update list?

Mimo

Edited by Mim0

Mimo, any chance of adding XP64 support to HFSLIPC?

Sure! For this. two things are todo:

1. The filechecker (hfslipfc.cmd) needs to have a detection-mechanism for XP64 (it's just a simple thing: look for a file on a specific place in SOURCE). This OS-detection is for using the correct filechecker-extension (in this case e.g. hfslipfc-xp64.cmd). 5 minutes! My part! :P

2. Create a hfslipfc-xp64.cmd! ??? hours! Who wants to do that? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mim0

Hi, there! :)

I have a question about MS Windows XP update packages, KB956744(MS09-044), KB2483618(MS11-017) and KB2481109(MS11-017).

HFSLIPFC changelog on web site and hfslipfc-xp.cmd show me KB2483618 for RDP 5.2 replaces KB956744 for RDP 6.0 and 6.1. Is it true?

I think KB956744 can be replaced by KB2481109, because they are for RDP 6.0 and 6.1.

Tables of Mimo's MS Windows XP update-list for HFSLIP, don't tell me anything about KB956744, I hope a message about that is shown for HFSLIP and FC users.

* P.S. Do you already know above message, Mimo? You said about that before.

** P.S. There is an error on table 2 of the web site, the KB number of MS11-002 should be 2419632, not 2440591.

Edited by SkyKiDS

I would, If I knew how...

I will give you a template for creating an extension (the current template is out of date I think), you will give me a file for detection XP64, OK?

But I need some days...

I think KB956744 can be replaced by KB2481109, because they are for RDP 6.0 and 6.1.

* P.S. Do you already know above message, Mimo? You said about that before.

That's what I've written in the changelog of the website:

But you're right: In the changelog of the file-checker-extension for XP I've written "...replaced by KB2483618". That's wrong. KB2483618 is not listed in the file-checker-extension for XP. It's only an error in the changelog, not in the update-list itself. But anyway.. THX!

** P.S. There is an error on table 2 of the web site, the KB number of MS11-002 should be 2419632, not 2440591.

THX, I will fix it!!! :) Edited by Mim0

new file-checker extension for XP:

2011-04-29
- Fixed: The log-output regarding replacement-info for KB923561 (MS09-010)
(KB2485663 instead of KB2259922) There was no problem in the check-process.
- Added: KB2492386 (Application Compatibility Update, replaces KB955759)
- Added: DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtimes Jun 2010 (9.29.1974)
From now the file-checker will check also the version-number (if filever.exe
will be available) because the filename don't changed in this update.
- Added: Malicious Software Removal Tool 3.18.4804.0.
From now, I'm using the full version number for MSRT because in this
month MSRT was released twice under 3.18. The file-checker will also
check the version-number (if filever.exe will be available).
- Removed: DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtimes Jun 2010 (9.29.1962)
- Removed: Malicious Software Removal Tool 3.18.4803.0

Regarding new DX9 Jun 2010 download:

• The version I check now seems not to be the DX-version but the version of the cabinet-extractor or whatever. Nevertheless for now it works to identify the new DX9-download with the same filename.
  • The CABs inside are identical to the first release of DX9 June 2010. Just the installer changed. So there's no diffrence when using HFSLIP with the new or the old DX9 June 2010.

Edited by Mim0

thx, mimo!

I must report a few bugs though. It seems you screwed something up. I keep getting "ECHO is OFF" throughout the output of the checker. It seems you left a few lines with just "Echo" on them.

I must report a few bugs though. It seems you screwed something up. I keep getting "ECHO is OFF" throughout the output of the checker. It seems you left a few lines with just "Echo" on them.

Thx for reporting this! In which step yo see this "ECHO is OFF"? I didn't midified the filechecker (main-script), but just the extension for XP (yes, I have not forgotten to create a current template ;) ). In the extension there are also ECHOs, but just at the beginning where some INI-options will be displayed.

But it can be that some circumstances will cause these ECHOS - but I havent these...

Could you give me a hint?

You can set "debug=1" in the INI for more infos...

You could start the filechecker with this command: "hfslipfc /nopause >abc.log" and post the logfile... :)