Mim0

The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

1,617 posts in this topic

sh*t! :realmad: Sometimes the FTP-access of the webspace is a little bit strange - and my upload-script cannot read-back and check if all is correctly uploaded. But OK, the webspace is free... Thx again! :)

now it's OK. I download it, thanks :)

system variables NEVER have spaces...

I meant the Windows directory. %ProgramFiles% can have spaces ("Program Files") but I don't think that the Windows directory can.

You are right, the Windows directory needs to follow the 8.3 filename convention. I tested just now.

If it doesn't, an error message "The directory name is invalid. Directory names must contain 8 or less valid characters." will appear.

I've also done some investigation and the fact is that M$ never uses quotes when referring to %systemroot% in their updates so it can be said for sure that %systemroot% can't have spaces :)

What I meant is that the variables can't have spaces, I wasn't talking about the content of the variables.

The variable NAME can't have spaces in it (that's what I meant)

bye!

And yep, new flash and new script needed.

BTW, mimo, why does the script want rvkroots.exe in hfsvcpack? I slipstreamed with it in the HF folder and MU is happy, it doesn't ask for it.

How about the new version of WU, MU, Update Agent?:

Windows Update to v7.6.7600.256 (plus Windows Update Web Control v7.6.7600.257), Microsoft Update to v7.6.7600.257, Microsoft Update Catalog Web Control to v7.4.7057.249

Hi MimO,

This is version 7.6.7600.256 of WindowsUpdateAgent, created with the script of the -X-, our Patron.

The integration worked very well with HFSLIP. If it is of interest to you and other users, here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8zmc8u9lyhdvbia

:)

Edited by SunLion

Credits for that binary go to ricktendo64 and to submix8c for the script that creates it on the fly. I just incorporated it into my UDC script.

BTW, you need to use it with the /wuforce switch to have it install the wuweb.dll .257. Otherwise you will still be prompted to install a small activeX control http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1340811078433 .

Edited by -X-

Hi Mr X,

I used this WindowsUpdateAgent with the hfslip normally and, in my testing with VirtualBox this don’t occurred. After the installation has been completed, I visited the Windowsupdate and wasn't prompted to install another activex.

Take this opportunity to thank everyone for the excellent work!

So...mimo? you still alive?

yes, update will be available asap! :D