The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

new file-checker extension for XP:

2011-08-23
- Fixed: KB2562937 is also available in other languages (thx to jvidal)
- Fixed: KB2567680 will not replace KB2507938 (thx to jvidal)
- Fixed: IE8: KB2559049 will not replace KB2447568 (Comp. View List)
but the previous 'Organize Favorites'-fix. (thx to jvidal)

Download HFSLIPFC v.2011/05/10 with XP-update-list v.2011/08/23

Thx to jvidal :thumbup

Edited by Mim0

@Mim0

1. I made a mistake by placing a file for IE6: WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-xxx.exe

instead for IE8: IE8-WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-xxx.exe

The script correctly placed in the log:

Running HFSLIPFC v.2011/05/10 at 2011-08-25 16:51:03,20

-----------------------------------------------------------

missing (S): HF\IE8-WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-PLK.exe (MS11-057: Internet Explorer

)

incorrect hotfix are not moved to the "moveto" (only this)

2.incorrect links:

• wbemoc.cab image002.gif (The requested URL /windows/data/wbemoc.cab was not found on this server.)

• Windows Messenger 5.1 (5.1.0.715) - polish version (PLK) (Invalid or Deleted File. )

3.Can you add to the list [Tool] cwnd 1.1 - New cmdow replacement [Tool] cWnd 1.1 - New cmdow replacement

(hfslip supports it for a long time)?

cWnd11.7z

Edited by dziubek

WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-XXX.exe (d/l and rename SmartCard_XP_x86.exe)

Outdated information marked on website . The file online has the correct name: SmartCard_XP_x86.exe (verified for EN and PLK)

The hfchecker doesn't detect correct file and moved to MOVETO folder

unknown: HF\SmartCard_XP_x86.exe

not found (O): HF\WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-PLK.exe (Smart Card Driver for new form factors, such as ICCD)

New flash released today, ver. 10.3.183.7. We need a new version (again!!).

Thx!!! :)

1. I made a mistake by placing a file for IE6: WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-xxx.exe

instead for IE8: IE8-WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-xxx.exe

The script correctly placed in the log:

Running HFSLIPFC v.2011/05/10 at 2011-08-25 16:51:03,20

missing (S): HF\IE8-WindowsXP-KB2559049-x86-PLK.exe (MS11-057: Internet Explorer

)

incorrect hotfix are not moved to the "moveto" (only this)

Probably you took it by mistake but it's not an error! :) If you integrate IE8 and want to avoid the “Organize Favorites”-bug (see my update-list: there are links into this forum to the specific posts) you have to use the IE8 cumulative sec update but also the IE6 update.

2.incorrect links:

• wbemoc.cab image002.gif (The requested URL /windows/data/wbemoc.cab was not found on this server.)

• Windows Messenger 5.1 (5.1.0.715) - polish version (PLK) (Invalid or Deleted File. )

wbemoc: yes, vorck.com is down. I will offer an alternative...

Windows Messenger: oh... some others are also down. Some messengers are contributed by other members. I hope I have a backup. I'll try to fix it...

THX for reporting this!!!! :)

3.Can you add to the list [Tool] cwnd 1.1 - New cmdow replacement [Tool] cWnd 1.1 - New cmdow replacement

(hfslip supports it for a long time)?

cWnd11.7z

Yes, I can do it.
WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-XXX.exe (d/l and rename SmartCard_XP_x86.exe)

Outdated information marked on website . The file online has the correct name: SmartCard_XP_x86.exe (verified for EN and PLK)

The hfchecker doesn't detect correct file and moved to MOVETO folder

unknown: HF\SmartCard_XP_x86.exe

not found (O): HF\WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-PLK.exe (Smart Card Driver for new form factors, such as ICCD)

Oh... it's a long time ago... but the information is not outdated! :)

"d/l and rename SmartCard_XP_x86.exe" means: download and rename "SmartCard_XP_x86.exe" to "WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-XXX.exe" (xxx=your language).

SmartCard_XP_x86.exe is available in several languages. And even if the filename is the same, the file itself is language-specific.

The file-checker cannot check the language of SmartCard_XP_x86.exe. But when renaming to "WindowsXP-KB952013-x86-XXX.exe" the file-checker expects that you have downloaded the langauge which you have specified in the filename.

But probably it's something inside of HFSLIP which needs the file to be remaned.

I couldn't remember. It's a long time ago... Probably you have to search in the forum.

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest version of SWFLASH.cab from Mim0's site as well from the link provided by jvidal.

I've tested both versions and File-Checker gives me this error:

Running HFSLIPFC v.2011/05/10 at 27.08.2011 16:30:49,48
Found unexpected version of Adobe Flash Player (HFCABS\SWFLASH.cab)

Does anyone else experience that problem?

I've downloaded the latest version of SWFLASH.cab from Mim0's site as well from the link provided by jvidal.

I've tested both versions and File-Checker gives me this error:

The filechecker is not updated to the latest version. jvidal uploaded the current flash player under the same URL:

ok, flash done. Link is the same.

Please ignore this message as far as the file-checker expects the current version.

@Mimo: there's a typo on line 694 @ hfslipfc-xp.cmd : "Notification Notifications"

O|HF\WindowsXP-KB905474-!lang!-x86.exe|Windows Genuine Advantage Notification Notifications

Apart from that, did anyone know where to download french version of messenger.msi (Windows Messenger 5.1) ?

(Is there a 'secret" link on ms website somewhere ?)

@Mimo: there's a typo on line 694 @ hfslipfc-xp.cmd : "Notification Notifications"

Thx!!!

Apart from that, did anyone know where to download french version of messenger.msi (Windows Messenger 5.1) ?

(Is there a 'secret" link on ms website somewhere ?)

I think, the downloads are still available on the MS-site. As an example, the direct download-link of the English messenger still works. but the problem is that download-page of the messenger was removed and I have no other download-links. So I hope for contributions of others which offer downloads in other languages. And to your request: sorry, but I cannot help you. If I would have a download-possibility, I would offer it on my update-list.

Mimo