Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1602 replies to this topic

rulman

rulman

• 44 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719985

KB2719985 not integrate HF
Test 12;
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719985

KB2719985 not integrate HF

Do you probably use another older MSXML-Update? Could you offer your HFSLIP-Logfile?

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
it integrates fine for me. He probably has some other obsolete update messing things up.

Oh, and BTW, I HIGHLY recommend running HFSLIP on an XP-based machine (or XP64). For me, it does NOT work correctly under Win7, several updates not slipstreamed due to mysterious "access denied" errors while processing them.

And even more weird is that it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Plus, the updates with "access denied" errors are not always the same, sometime one update is correctly processed, but it will fail the next. It's really strange.
It works perfectly on xp (32 or 64 bit).

bye!

Edited by jvidal, 25 October 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Oh, and BTW, I HIGHLY recommend running HFSLIP on an XP-based machine (or XP64). For me, it does NOT work correctly under Win7, several updates not slipstreamed due to mysterious "access denied" errors while processing them.

It works perfectly on xp (32 or 64 bit).

AFAIK, HFSLIP is not designed to slipstream stuff for Windows Vista or 7.

EDIT: I misunderstood your problem. It seems what you want to do is slipstream updates for XP while the host OS is Win7.
So... Try putting your updates and your XP disc files all in your My Documents folder (or its sub-folders). Did you try this?

Edited by Explorer09, 31 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
No, you didn't understand. I said RUN hflslip under win7. Not slipstream win7 updates...
I use a folder on c:\ (c:\hfslip), away from all UAC crap. Plus, UAC is disabled. And it' s very weird, because it might work one time and fail the next. And not the same updates fail every time.
Strange "acces denied" and "0 files processed/extracted" Errors appear. Running under XP/XP64 works perfectly.
Those access denied errors probably happen while trying to de-compress the updates, but no idea why. Access denied to what? Create a folder? delete a folder? There's nothing in the log.

c ya!

Edited by jvidal, 06 November 2012 - 09:53 AM.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Anyhow, I came to tell you that Flash was updated again, version 11.5.502.110.

That's it!

bye!

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

No, you didn't understand. I said RUN hflslip under win7. Not slipstream win7 updates...
I use a folder on c:\ (c:\hfslip), away from all UAC crap. Plus, UAC is disabled. And it' s very weird, because it might work one time and fail the next. And not the same updates fail every time.
Strange "acces denied" and "0 files processed/extracted" Errors appear. Running under XP/XP64 works perfectly.
Those access denied errors probably happen while trying to de-compress the updates, but no idea why. Access denied to what? Create a folder? delete a folder? There's nothing in the log.

Read my "EDIT:" part of my previous post. Because I didn't see any "access denied" message when I run hfslip under my Win7 (x64) computer. I suspect the reason you get "access denied" is because you didn't run HFSLIP in a folder with full privileges.

Try running HFSLIP in your My Documents folder, and see if you have any problems.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Yep, I read your edit after i replied. Sorry 'bout that.
Why my documents? Wouldn't a folder created by me in c:\ have more privileges than any other?
Like I said, it works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. And the failing updates are not always the same. It's ultra weird.
I will try moving my hfslip folder to my docs (though I don't like having it inside another folder with spaces in its name).

c ya!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Ok. Did it. Didn't work. Same problem. I even ran it with right click-->run as administrator.
See attached
Plus, when the error happens, the temporary folders used by the HFs are left behind in c:\ (with long names consisting of random letters and numbers).

Attached Files

Edited by jvidal, 07 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Ok. Did it. Didn't work. Same problem. I even ran it with right click-->run as administrator.
See attached
Plus, when the error happens, the temporary folders used by the HFs are left behind in c:\ (with long names consisting of random letters and numbers).

Ok, since I can't reproduce your problem on my side, can you do something for me so I can help you find your problem?

First, open hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10.cmd with a text editor, and find these lines:
:HF1EXTRACT
TITLE %T1% - Processing %HF%
ECHO %HF%
MD TEMP&START/WAIT HF\%HF% /Q /X:TEMP

Add a command "ECHO ON" just after ECHO %HF%:
:HF1EXTRACT
TITLE %T1% - Processing %HF%
ECHO %HF%
ECHO ON
MD TEMP&START/WAIT HF\%HF% /Q /X:TEMP

Then, run the HFSLIP again and take a screenshot where you get the "Acceso denegado" message.

Edit: Change ECHO OFF to ECHO ON. Thanks jvidal for pointing out.

Edited by Explorer09, 08 November 2012 - 05:31 PM.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Thx. I'll try that.
Btw, why echo off? What good will that do?

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Thx. I'll try that.
Btw, why echo off? What good will that do?

Correction. It's ECHO ON. Because I want to see which line of code produces that access denied message.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
That makes more sense...I'll try it and get back to you.
Thanks!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Ok, did it. It was difficult, with that much info on the screen I had a hard time spotting the "access denied" messages, had to run it like 3 times.
I finally got it. It seems there are several commands being "denied" for some reason, look at the attached image.

c ya!

Attached Files

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Ok, did it. It was difficult, with that much info on the screen I had a hard time spotting the "access denied" messages, had to run it like 3 times.
I finally got it. It seems there are several commands being "denied" for some reason, look at the attached image.

The "access denied" message appears when HFSLIP is trying to create temporary directories like "TEMP" and "WORK\I386E".

I guess the reason is that when you unpack the HFSLIP, your unpacking program didn't set full folder permission for you. Perhaps you should check the permissions of your HFSLIP folder and make sure you have full control of it.
Posted Image

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
I should probably add my username and set full permissions for it.
Although I can create/delete/adde/remove files/folders without any problems...weird. Maybe it's different when done from a script...
I'll try this and report back.

thanks!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
OK, I added my username and gave it full permissions. Also gave ALL OTHERS (system, users, administrators, everyone) full permissins too. Let's see what happens.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Well, it worked. I'm still gonna do some tests just to make sure...
Thanks for the tips, Explorer09!!!!!

I'm still puzzled though, because sometimes it has absolutely no problems creating or removing the temporary folders and sometimes it has...a real mystery!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
This stuff is really starting to p*** me off!!!
After I ran the script succesfully for the third time, I changed the windows xp ed (pro to home) in SOURCE and ran the script again, only to get those **** "access denied" errors again!
I stopped the process, removed all temp files and folders used by HFSLIP and ran the script again and this time, no errors. WTF?
Then I changed editions again (home to pro OEM), ran the script, no problem.
This is just more than I can handle. There's absolutely NO rational explanation for this!!

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

This stuff is really starting to p*** me off!!!
After I ran the script succesfully for the third time, I changed the windows xp ed (pro to home) in SOURCE and ran the script again, only to get those **** "access denied" errors again!
I stopped the process, removed all temp files and folders used by HFSLIP and ran the script again and this time, no errors. WTF?
Then I changed editions again (home to pro OEM), ran the script, no problem.
This is just more than I can handle. There's absolutely NO rational explanation for this!!

Check your permissions of your HFSLIP folder right after you extract the hfslip_beta_Apr29_v10.zip. The problem should be there. Or check the permissions of your hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10.cmd.

As far as I know, your XP editions in SOURCE don't matter.

Edited by Explorer09, 11 November 2012 - 05:40 AM.

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Exactly, it doesn't matter.
I use the same folder, with the permissions already set. That's why changing editions shouldn't make any difference, but it did!!!!

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
BTW, Mimo, you still alive? We need a new script to support the latest flash player.

bye!

rulman

rulman

• 44 posts
KB2727528
KB2761226
KB890830-V4.14

jvidal

jvidal

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
yep, AND the new updates...

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
November 2012 Patch Tuesday

Windows XP
2727528 | MS12-072 | Windows Shell (synceng.dll) | x86:35624 x64:35688 | doesn't replace
2761226 | MS12-075 | Kernel-mode drivers (win32k.sys) | x86:35643 x64:35616 | replaces 2731847 (MS12-055)
Malicious Software Removal Tool 4.14.6800.0

Office 2003
2687481 | MS12-076 | Excel | 35715 | replaces 2597086
2687311 | MS12-076 | Compatibility Pack (xlconv) | 35690 | replaces 2597162
2760492 | non-security | Junk Email Filter | 35691 | replaces old Junk Email Filter 2687403

Edited by Explorer09, 13 November 2012 - 06:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN