The File-Checker (HFSLIPFC) for HFSLIP

Mim0

it integrates fine for me. He probably has some other obsolete update messing things up.

Oh, and BTW, I HIGHLY recommend running HFSLIP on an XP-based machine (or XP64). For me, it does NOT work correctly under Win7, several updates not slipstreamed due to mysterious "access denied" errors while processing them.

And even more weird is that it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Plus, the updates with "access denied" errors are not always the same, sometime one update is correctly processed, but it will fail the next. It's really strange.

It works perfectly on xp (32 or 64 bit).

bye!

Edited by jvidal

Oh, and BTW, I HIGHLY recommend running HFSLIP on an XP-based machine (or XP64). For me, it does NOT work correctly under Win7, several updates not slipstreamed due to mysterious "access denied" errors while processing them.

It works perfectly on xp (32 or 64 bit).

AFAIK, HFSLIP is not designed to slipstream stuff for Windows Vista or 7.

EDIT: I misunderstood your problem. It seems what you want to do is slipstream updates for XP while the host OS is Win7.

So... Try putting your updates and your XP disc files all in your My Documents folder (or its sub-folders). Did you try this?

Edited by Explorer09

No, you didn't understand. I said RUN hflslip under win7. Not slipstream win7 updates...

I use a folder on c:\ (c:\hfslip), away from all UAC crap. Plus, UAC is disabled. And it' s very weird, because it might work one time and fail the next. And not the same updates fail every time.

Strange "acces denied" and "0 files processed/extracted" Errors appear. Running under XP/XP64 works perfectly.

Those access denied errors probably happen while trying to de-compress the updates, but no idea why. Access denied to what? Create a folder? delete a folder? There's nothing in the log.

c ya!

Edited by jvidal

No, you didn't understand. I said RUN hflslip under win7. Not slipstream win7 updates...

I use a folder on c:\ (c:\hfslip), away from all UAC crap. Plus, UAC is disabled. And it' s very weird, because it might work one time and fail the next. And not the same updates fail every time.

Strange "acces denied" and "0 files processed/extracted" Errors appear. Running under XP/XP64 works perfectly.

Those access denied errors probably happen while trying to de-compress the updates, but no idea why. Access denied to what? Create a folder? delete a folder? There's nothing in the log.

Read my "EDIT:" part of my previous post. Because I didn't see any "access denied" message when I run hfslip under my Win7 (x64) computer. I suspect the reason you get "access denied" is because you didn't run HFSLIP in a folder with full privileges.

Try running HFSLIP in your My Documents folder, and see if you have any problems.

Yep, I read your edit after i replied. Sorry 'bout that.

Why my documents? Wouldn't a folder created by me in c:\ have more privileges than any other?

Like I said, it works sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. And the failing updates are not always the same. It's ultra weird.

I will try moving my hfslip folder to my docs (though I don't like having it inside another folder with spaces in its name).

c ya!

Ok. Did it. Didn't work. Same problem. I even ran it with right click-->run as administrator.

See attached

Plus, when the error happens, the temporary folders used by the HFs are left behind in c:\ (with long names consisting of random letters and numbers).

post-79734-0-96472700-1352311633_thumb.p

Edited by jvidal

Ok. Did it. Didn't work. Same problem. I even ran it with right click-->run as administrator.

See attached

Plus, when the error happens, the temporary folders used by the HFs are left behind in c:\ (with long names consisting of random letters and numbers).

Ok, since I can't reproduce your problem on my side, can you do something for me so I can help you find your problem?

First, open hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10.cmd with a text editor, and find these lines:

:HF1EXTRACT
TITLE %T1% - Processing %HF%
ECHO %HF%
MD TEMP&START/WAIT HF\%HF% /Q /X:TEMP

Add a command "ECHO ON" just after ECHO %HF%:

:HF1EXTRACT
TITLE %T1% - Processing %HF%
ECHO %HF%
ECHO ON
MD TEMP&START/WAIT HF\%HF% /Q /X:TEMP

Then, run the HFSLIP again and take a screenshot where you get the "Acceso denegado" message.

Edit: Change ECHO OFF to ECHO ON. Thanks jvidal for pointing out.

Edited by Explorer09

Ok, did it. It was difficult, with that much info on the screen I had a hard time spotting the "access denied" messages, had to run it like 3 times.

I finally got it. It seems there are several commands being "denied" for some reason, look at the attached image.

c ya!

post-79734-0-87861600-1352519361_thumb.p

Ok, did it. It was difficult, with that much info on the screen I had a hard time spotting the "access denied" messages, had to run it like 3 times.

I finally got it. It seems there are several commands being "denied" for some reason, look at the attached image.

The "access denied" message appears when HFSLIP is trying to create temporary directories like "TEMP" and "WORK\I386E".

I guess the reason is that when you unpack the HFSLIP, your unpacking program didn't set full folder permission for you. Perhaps you should check the permissions of your HFSLIP folder and make sure you have full control of it.

Windows7Fullcontrol.png