• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Siginet

[Release] Siginet's PLoP USB Boot Manager Installer

40 posts in this topic

...Delete your test files and use my tool and you will see it should work on your system too.

Deleted test entries in boot.ini and left this:

;
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.
;
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT
c:\grldr="Grub4dos"

Run the program, gave admin privileges when asked and rebooted- no new entry in boot menu.

Checked boot.ini- it was not modified. Win7 x64.

Partition layoutand drive letters from 7:

dickmgmt.th.jpg

Boot.ini is on E:\ as seen in Win7. PLoP folder is present in C\Windows with 2 files inside.

@Siginet in your installator is v5.0.5 20091205

I guess the bolded part is exactly to avoid a continuous "running after" the new releases:

Release Notes:

v0.9.9.0 12/17/09

GRUB4DOS removed. Now it uses only PLoP!

Added support for Vista, 2008 and Windows 7!

Fixed a potential bug with the uninstall process.

If you want to use your own PLoP files put them in a folder called PLoP inside the directory with SiginetUSB.exe

;)

jaclaz

I am currently using a floppy disk to use plop on systems without the usb boot bios option. So this is great since if the system still boots to windows I can now use this to get plop running and boot my savior usb right?

excellent idea and work! thanks man

@Siginet or someone other who has set up plop under win7.

if the win7 install was not an upgrade then there is no ntldr and ntdetect.com which are needed for the {ntldr} option in the BCD settings.

can someone please write the output of a working setup from bcdedit.ecxe /enum ?

ey as I have understood "USB Boot Siginet's PLOP" only works when windows is installed.idont have installed windows .my hhd is clear ,no os installed as I can do?

i want to install windows on a pentium 3 that has no cd drive and you have not installed any system os

please helpme

and another thing no one speaks Spanish?

Some of us do. But forget it, this is an English-only forum.

I am currently using a floppy disk to use plop on systems without the usb boot bios option.

Sorry to be a noob, but could someone explain how to do this, or provide a link to an explanation? That would fix the problem of trying to use this on a "blank" or "clean" system where Windows is not installed.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks! Hopefully this will help ionbiryu, too.

Cheers and Regards

i have installed plop into computer and when i try to boot from usb after restart it only displays one msg, XO i dont know what the hell is this and why it doesn't boot from usb.

i have installed plop into computer and when i try to boot from usb after restart it only displays one msg, XO

Do you get the (PLOP) boot menu then choose "USB" ?

Siginet's PLoP USB Boot Manager Installer

Release Notes:

v0.9.9.0 12/17/09

GRUB4DOS removed. Now it uses only PLoP!

Added support for Vista, 2008 and Windows 7!

Fixed a potential bug with the uninstall process.

If you want to use your own PLoP files put them in a folder called PLoP inside the directory with SiginetUSB.exe

Which all PLoP files need to be put inside PLoP folder for using the latest version? Only plpbt.bin?

There is a confusing array of files within PLoP downloads!

I installed this software and made a win xp bootable USB. When i insert the usb and select Boot from USB, nothing runs. Only two alphaberts, xe comes out. Whats wrong?