Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to slipstream VB6 SP5 into VS6

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

dasilva333

dasilva333

• 16 posts
  • Joined 12-October 03
Hey guys. I was installing Visual Studio 6 today and I remembered that my old OS used VisualBasic 6 SP5 so I was thinking it might be nice to slipstream them together I mean its quiet possible the extracted files are there for the taking and its only 150 mbs (SP5) + the cd (500 mbs).

So I was wondering if anyone has been able to do this or if anyone knows somewhere where i can find how to do this or any help whatsoever. Thanks
Richard

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
I'd like to do that also but haven't looked into it yet.
One method I used was I had a little installer like app that pops up on Autorun and lets you install one thing then the next. Only problem is I have VB6 and it wants to reboot after install then install MSDN. It probably writes something to the reg so it restarts on bootup. Most probably
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
Next time I re-install I want to look at that before I let it reboot.
Slipstreaming something like this might be a fun adventure I get to one day but not in forseeable future.
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users