I found this on some forum, but when I tried it, the method is not working for me. I think after creating install.wim I need to create boot.wim as well. If some learned person can help me in doing this so that I can create an insallation DVD from my customized installed Windows 7?????????????????
If I need to create boot.wim as well then please guide me in this method.
How many times have you done a fresh install of Windows 7, and wish it came all prepared with your favorite software, already installed, and already activated ?
It is possible.
These instructions are for x86 (32-Bit) Windows Install.
Tools you will need :
A Spare Hard Drive at least 20 gigs in size.
The Windows 7 Auto Install Kit (AIK) ( Not the Beta, IT WILL NOT WORK)
A Genuine Windows 7 RTM Key
A Windows 7 RTM x86 ISO
Install x86 Ultimate to your Hard drive
When install is finished and at your desktop:
1. Activate Windows using your Product key
2. Install all your favorite Software - Activate it, and update it.
Dont over do it ( like i did ), the image must remain under 4.5 gig, unless you burn to a dual layer.
3. Change Desktop background, Folder Settings, Display Options, Mouse pointer Speed etc.
4. Reboot to make sure windows update got installed properly.
5. Open Administrative cmd, and run System File check to make sure your system files are all ok
6. Reboot back into your main Windows Installation.
7. Open administrative cmd prompt, and entered the following commands :
You NEED the Final Windows 7 AIK - The Beta DOES NOT WORK
cd\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86
imagex /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture x: y:\install.wim "Windows 7 Ultimate"
X is the drive you just installed all your software to.
Y is where you will save your install.wim file, this generally would be c:\
"Windows 7 Ultimate" is a label for the build
8. Open UltraISO.
Open your Windows 7 Ultimate x86 iso.
Navigate to the sources folder and delete the install.wim
Drag your new install.wim into the sources folder.
Save the ISO.
You Now have a Windows Install dvd, packed with all your favorite software, all your personalised settings, and its activated.
Burn your image to dvd.
Edited by nice_guy75, 03 January 2010 - 09:08 AM.