Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Virus Problem with taskmgr.exe

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jbitkill

jbitkill
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 17-October 06
Hi, I have a virus that have disabled my Task Manager and RegEdit. I manually re-enable the tools by remotely editing the registry, and deleting the values in the Policies key of HKU/***USERNAME***/Software/Microsoft/CurrentVersion/policies/System of all of the users. But when I logout, then log back in, it is disabled again. I've tried gpedit.msc, that was no help at all.

Happy New Year/Decade,
jbitkill

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04
Use Process Explorer (instead of task manager) and Autoruns (instead of regedit, to get startup entries)
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,329 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Then download/run Spybot and Malwarebytes to assist in eliminating. Don't log off unless the Eliminators say so (best run while in Safe mode).

(should be moved to Malware Prevention)

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users