• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Fredledingue

Can't read dvd drive in DOS mode

55 posts in this topic

Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user.

Now, DOS is another thing. :)

And no, no intentions to start the usual flame war about 9x/Me vs. NT or the more common NTFS vs. FAT32. ;)

jaclaz

Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user. Now, DOS is another thing. :)

But, IIRR, your NT of choice is XP SP2 (or have you moved on to SP3 at long last?)... and that qualifies you as a die-hard, too. Of course, being a regular DOS user (true DOS, not a simple DOS box) is also a great die-hard qualification... then again, the whole MSCDEX vs. SHSUCDX matter itself is actually a bona-fide true DOS subject. :yes:

Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user. Now, DOS is another thing. :)

But, IIRR, your NT of choice is XP SP2 (or have you moved on to SP3 at long last?)... and that qualifies you as a die-hard, too. Of course, being a regular DOS user (true DOS, not a simple DOS box) is also a great die-hard qualification... then again, the whole MSCDEX vs. SHSUCDX matter itself is actually a bona-fide true DOS subject. :yes:

Well actually I still have machines running NT 4.00, 2K and the XP (SP2, you are right) I normally use is due to a couple of softwares that I cannot really run on 2K.

I expect to be qualified as die-harder. ;)

jaclaz

I expect to be qualified as die-harder. ;)

:w00t:

Now we can have a war about who is "die-hardest!"

roll1.gif

Now we can have a war about who is "die-hardest!"

roll1.gif

For no apparent reason ;):

motivator7175852.jpg

jaclaz