Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Can't read dvd drive in DOS mode

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,631 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04
Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user.
Now, DOS is another thing. :)
And no, no intentions to start the usual flame war about 9x/Me vs. NT or the more common NTFS vs. FAT32. ;)

jaclaz

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,935 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user. Now, DOS is another thing. :)

But, IIRR, your NT of choice is XP SP2 (or have you moved on to SP3 at long last?)... and that qualifies you as a die-hard, too. Of course, being a regular DOS user (true DOS, not a simple DOS box) is also a great die-hard qualification... then again, the whole MSCDEX vs. SHSUCDX matter itself is actually a bona-fide true DOS subject. :yes:

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,631 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Actually I would not consider myself a Windows 9x/Me user, though I have used them and like to play with them, I am much more a NT user. Now, DOS is another thing. :)

But, IIRR, your NT of choice is XP SP2 (or have you moved on to SP3 at long last?)... and that qualifies you as a die-hard, too. Of course, being a regular DOS user (true DOS, not a simple DOS box) is also a great die-hard qualification... then again, the whole MSCDEX vs. SHSUCDX matter itself is actually a bona-fide true DOS subject. :yes:

Well actually I still have machines running NT 4.00, 2K and the XP (SP2, you are right) I normally use is due to a couple of softwares that I cannot really run on 2K.
I expect to be qualified as die-harder. ;)

jaclaz

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

I expect to be qualified as die-harder. ;)

:w00t:
Now we can have a war about who is "die-hardest!"
Posted Image

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,631 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Now we can have a war about who is "die-hardest!"
Posted Image

For no apparent reason ;):