Msvcrt.dll

Philco

Run FlashPlayer 10 (last and oldies 10) with KernelEx (last) - properly, but after sometime crash any browser (i try Firefox 2.0.0.20, 2.0.0.22pre, Firefox 3.5.5 (KernelEx mode), Firefox Namoroka (KernelEx mode), Opera 9, Opera 10...).

On all browser disable all extensions, disable java. Javascript all restrict. Memory 768MB, videocard: nVidia FX 5200.

Error: Msvcrt.dll or Msvcrt.dll / js3250.dll or js3250.dll

Run page without swf (flash) - no problem. After run page with flash (youtube, idnes.cz and next...) / uncontrollable time pause (5s - several minute crash... only rarity without crash.

Msvcrt.dll - 6.10.8924.0, testing 6.00.9782.0, 6.10.9848.0 - same problem.

Help - I searching other or newer one this Msvcrt.dll / compatible win9x.

(Sorry my stupid "english", thx)

Run FlashPlayer 10 (last and oldies 10) with KernelEx (last) - properly, but after sometime crash any browser
Hi Philco,

have a look here: KernelEx App Compatibility Database at Post #100.

I had such a problem when I went from version 10.0.32.18, to 10.0.42.34:

'CPU usage stay close to 100%, making IE to crash.'

Everything went back to normal when I'd downgraded.

Run FlashPlayer 10 (last and oldies 10) with KernelEx (last) - properly, but after sometime crash any browser
Hi Philco,

have a look here: KernelEx App Compatibility Database at Post #100.

I had such a problem when I went from version 10.0.32.18, to 10.0.42.34:

'CPU usage stay close to 100%, making IE to crash.'

Everything went back to normal when I'd downgraded.

:unsure: with old (9) version problem with imageshack.us and much next pages with flash (no full function Browse and next...)

I not use IE. With run flash (swf) / version 10 system resources and free memory OK, 90% crash browser after (!) usage swf (

after several seconds until 5 - 10 minute....)

I repeat removed all flash (without IE version (activeX) - here its version 9.0.28).

Clear registry (Reekseker, Norton winDoctor, EasyCleaner, ... and manual).

New install LAST Flash Player (FF, Opera) with KernelEx and with registry trick.

I'm check system with winDoctor (Norton) => conflict on shared DLL - NPSWF32.dll, i repaired manual.

First run swf files and i run about Flash (Adobe - manager flash and i disable all "plus" features) - and disable hardware acceleration (!).

:blink: browsers and system better stability (run swf / FF, Opera, Namoroka, .. - without run IE /swf - I don't use this "browser"....).

disable hardware acceleration (!).

i guess i'm not the only one who also disable hardware acceleration settings in flash.

however, my story was quite diferent, i found that in my system, with that setting on, when the flash tried to swicth to full-screen mode, its shows grabled display instead. (only some .swf behaves like that though)

gfx: ATI Radeon 9250

Edited by Joseph_sw

• 6 months later...

I am running version 6.10.9848.0 for a long time with no glitch.

Thanks, I got a number of the dll in different directories. My latest one is 6.10.8924.0 under the mouse driver.

What's the proper way of updating msvcrt.dll? Should I simply copy the newest one to Windows\System directory?

What's the proper way of updating msvcrt.dll? Should I simply copy the newest one to Windows\System directory?

AFAIK the main copy is the one in %WINDIR%\SYSTEM, on which will rely all applications,

except if they find a copy in their own folder (like for your mouse).

Since that Dll has been already registered (in its previous version), you only have to replace it by the new version in WINDOWS\SYSTEM :yes: .

• 2 weeks later...

From what other MSFN members have tested, looks like this is the newest msvcrt.dll that works with 9x/ME:

* Unofficial Windows 95/OSR1/OSR2/98/98 SP1/98 SE/NT4/ME TZ (Time Zone) Environment Variable Errors MSVCRT.DLL 6.1.9848.0 Fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=932590

Direct download [240 KB, English]:

http://www.mdgx.com/files/Q932590.EXE

HTH

* Unofficial Windows 95/OSR1/OSR2/98/98 SP1/98 SE/NT4/ME TZ (Time Zone) Environment Variable Errors MSVCRT.DLL 6.1.9848.0 Fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=932590

Direct download [240 KB, English]: http://www.mdgx.com/files/Q932590.EXE

Hi MDGx, :)

thanks for that fix.

Is it possible to simply (rename &) replace that fixed Msvcrt.dll

instead of running the patch?

Edited by CharlesF