Avira Setup Creator - for Avira Antivir Personal v10

cyberyeye

confirmed:

ask toolbar re-asked with x64 win7 or vista

due to Wow3264node twice in registry ...

I apply .reg manuallly, then it works.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AskToolbar\Macro]
"tb"="AVR-W1"

• 1 month later...

@Sonic: Thanks for your feedback i'll fix that in the next build.

@bbmak: Avira has not changed the setup filename for Antivir Free Personal, from their website here you can see that the download link is still the same for the english build :

http://personal.avira-update.com/package/wks_avira/win32/en/pecl/avira_free_antivirus_en.exe

Same applies for German or others languages, filename is still: /avira_antivir_personal_LNG.exe (Lng = language choosen)

Note: Avira 2012 is the commercial application (not Free) available in a 30 days free trial, but this is not Antivir Personal (wich is Free).

@all: if you want to use a different download link from avira website with Asc you just have to change filename & url, in Asc\Settings.ini

Find [Yourlang]: and then change the url in: "Av_Url=" & filename in "Setup="

Fake example (don't use this!)

[English]
Setup=avira_antivir_personal_2666_en.exe
Av_Url=http://personal.avira-update.com/package/wks_avira/win32/en/pecl/avira_antivir_personal_2666_en.exe
SetupLngTxt=(EN)

I'll check all language and fix if need the link & filename used by Asc but at least now everyone knows how to do it by themself :-)

Edited by cyberyeye

• 1 month later...

New build: 1.2.3.0

Changelog: Updated all url to newer setup Avira Free Antivirus 2012

+ Asc Gui Languages files are all now put in \Lang\*.lng files; + others minor fix in sourcecode

That's all for this build!

Note: Please report here any bad url from 'Asc\Files\Settings.ini'

Merry 'xmas and Happy new year to all :lol:

Edit: Avira server seems slow in this day :/

Edited by cyberyeye

• 2 months later...

Question...

I've packaged the avira.exe and I'm using the -y switch for a silent installation (via WPI), but the AVIRA installation GUI comes up anyway and I need to input things manually.

Any clue?

BTW, thanks for the great APP!

Edited by SlipStreamer

I've made a test (virtualbox & win7 without uac) to create a fresh Antivir Free 2012 english build (avira.exe, v12.0.0.898) and then installed it using a command prompt: x:\path\to\avira.exe -y

result: eveything went fine

I've also test it using RunOnceEx regkey, everything went fine here too. I've never tried Wpi so I can't say i have no clue why "avira.exe -y" is not working with your Wpi script :(

Maybe you got a problem with arg or/and quotes, syntax error in your Wpi script ?

If you find a solution feel free to post here, this can be useful to others people.

Once again, sorry but I have no idea.

Good luck !

I've made a test (virtualbox & win7 without uac) to create a fresh Antivir Free 2012 english build (avira.exe, v12.0.0.898) and then installed it using a command prompt: x:\path\to\avira.exe -y

I've also test it using RunOnceEx regkey, everything went fine here too. I've never tried Wpi so I can't say i have no clue why "avira.exe -y" is not working with your Wpi script :(

Maybe you got a problem with arg or/and quotes, syntax error in your Wpi script ?

If you find a solution feel free to post here, this can be useful to others people.

Good luck !

I was having the same problem, so I put the computer to reboot before installing Avira, and Avira left for last in the installation of WPI.

It must be some program of your installation that makes it necessary to restart the computer.

Sorry my english, I'm using google translator

Good luck !

I was having the same problem, so I put the computer to reboot before installing Avira, and Avira left for last in the installation of WPI.

It must be some program of your installation that makes it necessary to restart the computer.

Sorry my english, I'm using google translator

Nice, I'll test it out and report back. Thanks.