help! windows 7 disc booting problem

Tajveer

i was stripping windows 7 so i can make ti fast and good for gaming. but when i was done stripping ( i know i did everything right ). i made a disc and booted with it. but i got this error. :realmad: and one know how to fix this?

windows7error.png

thanks

On the root of your DVD should be a file called autounattend.xml. It contains a typo in your product key, fix the typo and it should work. Otherwise, you can also just delete the entire file (autounattend.xml) and it will perform a manual installation.

lmao dude i am just axpressing my emotions. i am patience

Well, if it aint there, and it aint at

C:\Mount\Windows\Panther\Unattend.xml (inside the mounted WIM image)

Then likely you borked something when removing stuff, and your only solution is to start fresh. Before you do, attach (not post) your session.ini and someone smarter than me can take a look at it.

Please DO NOT refer to any of us here as "Dude"!
LOL, I didn't spend six years in Evil Computer School to be called Mr Jinje ! Edited by MrJinje

i was stripping windows 7 so i can make ti fast and good for gaming. but when i was done stripping ( i know i did everything right ). i made a disc and booted with it. but i got this error. :realmad: and one know how to fix this?

windows7error.png

thanks

It is getting it's unattend answer file from somewhere, or at least it thinks it is. When you get the error, press Shift+F10 and get a cmd prompt. You should be able to browse for the log files from the installation - usually if there's an unattended installation going on, you should find an .xml file on the root of the DVD or in the \Windows\Panther directory - if not, and you truly didn't create an unattended answer file for this install, I'd have to agree with Mr Jinje that something's wrong with the source and you would probably be best served starting over and taking it in steps to see if you can get all the way back through without breakage. I know it will take more time and a lot of trial and error booting in a VM after you strip each component, but it might be worth it in the end.

windows7error.png

thanks

I got exactly the same error after building a x64 all editions disk.On the disk the autounattend.xml file is there with the key.I read somewhere that you cant slipstream hot fixes into windows 7,is this correct.I've only just started trying to created a windows 7 slipstream disk so please excuse me if I'm missing something and sorry for hijacking the thread.What i did get wile building the image was an error that some files where missing image creation aborted,clicking on OK the image was still created.

Did you try and slipstream the updates using vLite if so thats probably your problem. You would need to use DISM to intergrate them. Or you could use Mr.Jinje's DISM Tool to make it easier :)

I did use vlite for the updates ill try your suggestion thanks.Where can you download Mr.Jinje's DISM Tool.

Edited by killalot