By omitting initially that it was a verbatim copy and paste from someone else's blog, you did give the impression :
- that the works was done partly by a colleague of yours
- that one of your customers had a wired problem now solved by wireless
- that you were substantially familiar with the thingies and somehow "endorsed" them or their use
You plainly stated that you were able to enable wireless connections in a PE 2.1 or 3.0, or at least this is the only way your post can be read.
Since I didn't believe you much , in order to try and understand what was it all about, I posted here:
reporting the news.
The phishing worked, and wimb got hooked.
Now, it seems like turning out that:
gosh believes blindly in whatever MS writes (which does surprise me ) and never actually tested the thingies
Eagle710 has never had this working as well
IMHO the misunderstandings could have been easily avoided if what is coming out now was stated initially, by taking a bit more care in the wording and quoting the sources/adding details.
Thanks to wimb for having taken the time to start the actual testing.
Look, i am very busy. When i find something useful i post it on this site. In retrospect its easy to i should have done this, i should have done that. The microsoft blog said this worked fine without any issues. I had no reason to doubt 2 microsoft employees who said this worked fine. Dont shoot the messenger. If you have a complaint direct it at the original source - the microsoft blog. It would be nice to get a thanks every once in awhile.