oem activation + drivers

Apollo232

hey guys ! :hello:

I am currently building my version of windows vista home premium SP2 with vlite, and I would like to keep the activation of the sony version that I have.

I am aware of ABR (activation backup restore?) and I would like to know if there is a way to include the two files it gives, directly into my unattended Windows Vista.

Also :unsure:

I have all the drivers that I need to reinstall on my computer. How does it really works with vlite, I add them then what? Are they going to silent-install or the folders are just going to be past on the disk ?

If anyone could give me a GOOD tutorial on silentinstall with vlite that would be fantastic. It's not obvious for a novice like me.

Thx for the answers :whistle:

Bye

Ps:sorry if I made some english mistakes. I'm french

Well I have not used vlite yet but with nlite the drivers are installed with the os. So when you integrate them into the install, when the install is done, all of your hardware just works. It is as if you had manually installed the drivers, only without the work. It's a great time saver.

BTW checked out ABR, That is great, glad you mentioned that!

I think I have the same question as you on the oem key. I have a friend's laptop, which came with Vista home premium installed. He of course doesn't have the oem disk from HP or a restore partition. I have an aftermarket OEM disk which I purchased for another PC build. I want to use the aftermarket OEM disk to do the install and then use his OEM license to validate his reinstall. Common sense would say that this would work, however it does not. I did it about 2 months ago on my mother-in-laws laptop and it would never validate. I called MS and they told me that I had to pay for an oem disk from Toshiba. Well that seems like robbery to me. I am hoping that I can use vlite to create a disk like the HP oem install disk so that validation goes smoothly.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Josh

Edited by lmwashere