Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

need regedit from boot CD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Asp

Asp

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
I've got an XP PC infected with some virus. I managed to get rid of it, but it left the system unable to boot.

I've found too late that I should have made some changes to the registry before rebooting...

So can I use a bootable XP install CDR to run regedit on an existing install? Exactly how do I access that?
Or is there another downloadable ISO with tools that I can use to do this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
you can make XP bootable rescue disks but lately ive just gotten lazy and started using Vista/7 DVD to recover XP installs.

If you have one available, you can use a Windows Vista/7 DVD to save an XP machine.
just boot off it, select "Repair your Computer", Ignore that it cant find any installs and run command prompt then from there run regedit.

you will have to mount the hives manually using File -> 'Load Hive' then selecting the hive from C:\Windows\System32\Config folder

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,263 posts
Or make a LiveXP from (if you have it) an XP Install CD, boot to it, and run RegEdit.
Also allows for Explorer.

Bootland
WinBuilder (used to build the CD)
LiveXP file list (used by WinBuilder)

(sites are currently down?)

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN