High IQ Society

MrJinje

IQ Test

Found this test, apparently I qualify to pay them $79 to join there little society, no thanks I already know I'm smart. The test was fun, focus was mainly on spatial reasoning / pattern recognition, but there was some memory stuff too, good luck. They give you 90 seconds per question, one nice thing is that the test is partially based on how long it takes you to answer. Meaning, you get more credit if you are a quick thinker.

To post your scores, please snap a jpeg and use external image host or it didn't happen. This is my score on the eCMA test, I'll take the TA3 at a later date.

highiqsociety2.png

I know some detractors will say, "can't you just google for answers". Well technically, yes you could, that is the limitation of all online tests, but like I mentioned, most of the test is based on pattern/spatial recognition (google can't help with these) and the rest is contingent on how fast you answer.

Jinje Can Triforce, Can You ???

▲

▲ ▲

EDIT: If you didn't take the test do not post. This is not a discussion on the validity of IQ tests, please keep those comments to yourself.

Edited by MrJinje

These tests are mostly a waste of time. Especially, in this case where they have a strong monetary incentive to make you believe you're a genius (so you can enjoy the privilege of sending them money). I tried it twice just for fun. One time, without reading the questions *at all* (mostly answering in a sequential or random order -- as good as the average monkey would answer) and I got 96 (pretty high for a monkey IMO). Next time, I only picked answers for the painfully obvious (you know, those that made my 10yo daughter say "DUH" as she was watching) which I don't think deserves much of a high score and I got 124 (I wouldn't expect a typical 10yo to score that) which is just enough so I can send them money... If you actually try to answer all questions properly and/or Google for some answers, I don't think getting 140 is hard at all (you can even attempt it as many times as you wish).

Not that I have much faith in the testing method itself, and many parts are pretty much well known to be poor choices e.g. why use english literature questions (who wrote whatever book)? That will give a unfair advantage to native speakers (just imagine if it was questions about french or italian books and authors, that would tip the scale rather differently)

These tests are mostly a waste of time.
If things that are fun are not productive, and things that are not productive are a waste of time, then you are absolutely correct. Taking a fun little test like this is a waste of time. An important distinction is that not all these tests are fun.

Also, if it is so easy to get a high score, lets see it. This is an open challenge to all cheaters, take this particular test as many times as you like, cheat your arse off and post your score. We don't care about the validity of your score, as long as it is in jpg format. Besides, if anyone is that good at cheating they will likely get ahead in life and deserve the score. For the record, I only took the test once.

In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby from Talledega Nights, it is time to put up or shut up.

Edited by MrJinje

"I did not make any attempt to cheat & I am currently legally drunk..."

Being legally drunk might be considered cheating:

I've met a lot of people that become instant "Know it Alls"

once they've had a few!

Point taken... and considering I owned a bar for 3 years (confirm-ably) quite true.

However, when faced with actual facts (like on a test) most (pontificating) know-it-alls crumble rather quickly.

D@mn, it seems like I am not allowed in the society for US$79, I also tried to bribe them with another 100 bucks :ph34r:, but nothing :(, they keep saying that the problem with my result of 144 is the little "-" sign in front of it.....:whistle:

jaclaz

IQ tests are all different and they all score differently. A single IQ test means nothing. What is to be done is to take and average all your IQ tests scores from multiple places and get a total value. So for example, on this test I got a 120, but on other tests I have scored higher and others lower.

IQ tests are all different and they all score differently. A single IQ test means nothing. What is to be done is to take and average all your IQ tests scores from multiple places and get a total value. So for example, on this test I got a 120, but on other tests I have scored higher and others lower.

Thank goodness, then I can sum the + 667 ;) I got on another one and have an average of 261.50 :)

jaclaz