VPN File transfer issue

todarsey

Ok guys, here is one for you. I have a VPN tunnel between my office and another office. This tunnel is always active. Here is my problem, if I try to copy data (using robocopy) from the other office to my office, it brings their internet browsing down to a crawl. There are no issues when tying to copy from my office to the other office. I did spees tests (speedtest.net) while not copying and while copying. While not copying data, they have a download speed of between 4-6 Mbps, but when I run the test while copying data their speed drops down to about .3Mbps. That office has AT&T DSL and my office has Comcast cable.

Both offices have the Linksys RV042 VPN routers. I am attaching a screen save of the VPN tunnel settings. Both offices have the same settings.

post-161593-1264370317_thumb.jpg

Edited by todarsey

Find out what the upload speed is on the receiving network. AT&T (like other ISPs) likely have QoS set on the modems in a way where maxing out the upload speed will kill the download speed. So in this scenario, I can totally see that happening. You may want to set up QoS on that site to only allow the VPN Tunnel to use a maximum of 50% of the upload bandwidth, which will make your VPN connection slower but should help with the other users.

I gave this a try. I even set the max upload from the problem site at 50Kbps, it still bogged down thier internet. How can I verify the the problem is on our system or on AT&T's network. They are saying that the problem is within our VPN setup.