Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 95 2.1GHz CPU Limit BROKEN!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 803 posts

Donator

Hmm... :huh:  Have you tried running FIX95CPU again after you get this Windows Protection Error?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

xTMODx

xTMODx
  • 3 posts

Yes i tested it some weeks ago. Is there any log method?

ToryPhoenix

ToryPhoenix
  • 2 posts

LoneCrusader. I am hoping you are able to help me.  I am in desperate need of breaking the same speed barrier you have been so successful with in Win95 in Win98. I have attempted to use your Win95 patches, but it just won't take and I have been unable to locate the patch that is supposedly out there somewhere.  Any direction is apprecaited.

I'm currently running a Win98 FE VM on Windows Virtual PC because VirtualBox hates me. But I need, if at all possible, to be able to port this VM to a system with more power than the current one.

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,782 posts

Donator

I see no reason for despair at all...

Here is the info page at MS: KB312108 and the direct download link for the HotFix.

ToryPhoenix

ToryPhoenix
  • 2 posts

@dencorso: That appears to have worked and I now have and Win98 Vm running on a 3.0+ system.  Thank you so much.

dencorso

dencorso

• Super Moderator
  • 5,782 posts

Donator

You're welcome! And thanks for reporting back, I'm glad it worked.

debs3759

debs3759
  • 1 posts

I'm getting ready to set up some old systems for testing vintage (over 10 years old) graphics cards, and this site was one of the first google sent me to. This was the second thread. Very useful, thank you for the work you put in to testing and distributing this patch. First system I'll be setting up won't need it (5x86, 32MB ram - until I find another 32MB FPM to add to it), but all my AGP systems are faster than 350 MHz :) Also I wouldn't have known about RLoew's memory patch if I hadn't found this site. Was about to go to bed when I found this thread, have spent two hours reading!

Looking forward to getting some legacy systems running the way I want them to run :)

dencorso

dencorso

• Super Moderator
  • 5,782 posts

Donator

Welcome to MSFN! :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN