WinSetupfrom USB 1.0b4

NikLok

Liko_T

Hi. Thank you for the nice script.

Where i may dowbload source code for 1.0 b4 version? Or it is now imposible? (I understud and use AutoIt)

When i run script, i see baloon message about of error of lazy write.

and i see message that device (Flash disk) was removed from system and inserting back.

In addition this process require many time for DVD and on the error it breaking at all.

I dream that you will adding feature for verifying off result of copying and renewing if required!

And will be nice if process will be not breakable if it possible.

When i work with my mounted iso XP disk i see that WinSetupFromUSB dont understud symbolic link.

And therefore he make copy 2 or more time. It is will be very nice if he may make simbol link on NTFS partition instead to do copy files once more.

In process i obtain next error:

CODE

2010/02/09 23:23:15- Could not replace original Setup.exe, aborting...

2010/02/09 23:23:15- Removing TEMP folder

2010/02/09 23:23:15- ---------------------------------Program quited-----------------------------------------------

On my disk the original setap.exe was chenged spicail version from BOA autorun setup program.

The couses of error in this or not?

Sorry for my English.

Edited by NikLok

I'll be posting the source code with the final versions.

The rest of your post I don't quite understand.

About the failed writes- it should be something to do with windows or the USB disk, there is nothing unusual in program's file copy part:

If Not FileCopy($aFileList[$c], $ddfn, $CopyFlag + 8) Then
If Not FileCopy($aFileList[$c], $ddfn, $CopyFlag + 8) Then;Tries a second time
If RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c copy "' & $aFileList[$c] & '" "' & $ddfn & '">' & @TempDir & '\o.tmp', '', @SW_HIDE) = 1 Then
$sError = FileReadLine(@TempDir & '\o.tmp', 1)
Logging("ERROR!!!--- not copied:" & $aFileList[$c] & ' ' & $sError)
FileDelete(@TempDir & '\o.tmp')
EndIf
EndIf
EndIf

You may look at source code of 0.2.3, most of those functions are untouched.

In addition this process require many time for DVD and on the error it breaking at all.
Can you copy the whole source from the DVD to the hard drive using Windows Explorer? Does this break?
I dream that you will adding feature for verifying off result of copying and renewing if required!
That's too much work for th epurpose, there are more important things to implement. On properly working system you should not have any issues.
And will be nice if process will be not breakable if it possible.
Ditto.
When i work with my mounted iso XP disk i see that WinSetupFromUSB dont understud symbolic link.
I don't understand this, can you provide details?
On my disk the original setap.exe was chenged spicail version from BOA autorun setup program.
What's BOA autorun setup? :blink:

Well. Here details.

We will assume we have a directory on a disk ntfs file system.

For economy of a place some catalogues are not copied, and executed by symbolical links. As on DVD after optimisation we have the same picture. By means of subst command I mount this catalogue as an additional disk - CD_rom. At use WinSetupFromUSB there is a double copying! If volume occupied by dvd disk is 4,5 Gb but on flash drive it occupies vore then 8Gb (like a cd-rom without optimithation). In particular I have a directory _Soft_ with volume 3Gb in the catalogue "$OEM $ \$1\ _ Soft_" and as in root catalogue "_Soft_". This two catalogue are identical! There are also some other such catalogues. As that is a pity to me of this place, but each time to alter hands it would not be desirable!

What's BOA autorun setup? :blink:

I add two URL too:

http://forum.oszone.net/thread-140892-38.html - last page of GUI updates integrator - more new then jaclaz

http://forum.oszone.net/thread-95273-13.html - autorun addon

Here is the logic used:

Setup.ex_ in source is extracted and renamed to setuporg.exe, if latter doesn't exist (BTS driver packs).

Fake setup.ex_ is put into source, it launches setup.cmd at start of GUI mode.

Setup.cmd does some jobs and launches BTS presetup.cmd if found. Next renames SetupORG.exe to setup.exe and launches it.

Have a look at setup.cmd and adjust if needed.

I'll try to change slightly this in beta5 and use some other file name, instead of setupORG.exe for the extracted and replaced setup.exe, whatever it is, so it gets executed after setup.cmd.

Well. Here details.

We will assume we have a directory on a disk ntfs file system.

For economy of a place some catalogues are not copied, and executed by symbolical links. As on DVD after optimisation we have the same picture. By means of subst command I mount this catalogue as an additional disk - CD_rom. At use WinSetupFromUSB there is a double copying! If volume occupied by dvd disk is 4,5 Gb but on flash drive it occupies vore then 8Gb (like a cd-rom without optimithation). In particular I have a directory _Soft_ with volume 3Gb in the catalogue "$OEM $ \$1\ _ Soft_" and as in root catalogue "_Soft_". This two catalogue are identical! There are also some other such catalogues. As that is a pity to me of this place, but each time to alter hands it would not be desirable!

What happens if in windows explorer for example you copy your source elsewhere, i.e. in different partition. Does explorer copies files twice or files+symlinks?

Can you give me exact step-by-step instructions how to recreate the scenario, including links to any programs used?

To my regret in rxplorer files are copied twice despite presence of the symbolical link! Can be it is necessary to create a file of the control of links. After all autoit easily allows to do symbol links. (It is final only on NTFS)

For example: FileCreateNTFSLink('c:\AutoIt',@ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3')

Where i can find betta 5&