Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

good tool for progarm writing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
hey guy's im looking to learn something new and wonder if you fellas and ladys could tell me of any good porgams for writing in C/C++ VB or .net ECT and if any you have any more to add please do just list all the good one's that you have used and compiled with thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
borland c++ 5.02
I've been using it over 5 years now
non-visual though...

borland has visual ones as well.

u could go with .NET if u want, this way u could almost write at any language...

Datalore

Datalore

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
If you want it easy, start with Visual Basic 6- just don't get too used to it. Once you've learned some basic programming skills, and if you want to be a next-gen coder, learn all the .Net languages like C#, VB.Net, and XAML. I'd have to say I love using Microsoft's own compilers to do coding in. They're kinda expensive, but if you're still a student go to Studica.com and you can rack up some awesome discounts on software there.

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
Thanks guys will have to look into these maybe buy them all

if any one else has more to add please post

Thanks

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,185 posts
If you develop applications for widespread deployment. Try to avoid .NET, as it -REQUIRES- the .NET Framework on the End-User's pc just to execute your application. VB6 is a better app to start with.

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
@Tarun Thank's for the head's up on that i was planing on learning them all if that can even be done as one guy told me the max any one should learn is three but i feel you can learn as many as you want but the .net i guess if learn it and write program's with it i will have to include the .netframwork or let user's know that it's need or write it in another more user friendly lang

Tarun

Tarun

Spectre

• Super Moderator
  • 3,185 posts
Since I've been using VB6 I tend to do a lot of research. Plus I noticed on the Windows Update site it ALWAYS bugs me to download the .NET Framework v1.1 which is a 30Mb+ file. And being on dialup (28.8k, all we have where I am) it's not worth it. .NET is also aimed at NT/XP/2000 systems only. I was rather ticked when I bought the VB.NET app and couldn't install it. I took it back to the store and told them their site was wrong. Reported to Microsoft and got a full refund, taxes and shipping.

I like VB6 best, I've written powerful, smooth running applications with it, including a MDI (Multiple Document Interface) chat application.

Fuzzy Viking

Fuzzy Viking

• 17 posts
I prefer C++ Builder myself. It has a better programming environment and better help system than Visual Studio.

Also, the language is more compliant to standards, as non-standard elements are implemented as classes instead of making up "new" language "extensions".

There is a good selection of components ( C++ builder uses VCL components that are compatible with the ones used in Delphi ) for just about everything, shaving a lot of time off development time.

I use the pro version myself, but the standard version is a great way to get started.

Delphi is more popular as the language is higher level than C++, and thus easier to program, but for sheer speed, power, and most importantly for me, compatibility with the windows API, C++ cant be beat.

( Windows uses C-style structures as parameters in many API functions )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN