Hi all, Does anyone know of a partition management utility that allows precise positioning of partitions, right down to a specific sector...? Independently of what it thinks are "cylinder boundaries"...? I ask in light of this Microsoft white paper: "Disk Partition Alignment Best Practices for SQL Server" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd758814.aspx This document essentially states that the idea of positioning partitions at cylinder boundaries has been useless since hard disk sizes passed the 8.4 GB barrier. Cylinder boundaries don't even exist any more, due the proprietary disk structures devised by manufacturers. It also explains that a properly aligned partition is a healthy thing for *any* operating system, not just Microsoft SQL servers. The document also openly admits that Microsoft & Windows has been doing it wrong all this time, thus perpetuating the misunderstanding. It's only with Windows 2008 & Windows 7 that Microsoft dispenses with the whole cylinder boundary concept. So... I'm hoping to find a utility that will allow me to move/resize existing partitions right down to the exact sector I want, without yelling at me about cylinder boundaries. I've *created* my partitions where I want them, but if I have to *resize* any of them, my cluster alignment will go to heck. Thanks.