Installing Applications not using Setupcomplete.cmd with Autounattend.

I pointed you to my last post there cause I had answered same ? Nobody can read around here, we answer same stuff over and over again

I said Auditsystem/Audituser and this is link that was there when I said go there and you came back and criticize

I been trying to say I don't think you can use Specialize

is not the place to install applications

you can add and do a variety of commands there like bcdedit and <Path>cmd /c reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE

WAIK

specialize Configuration Pass read it

Edited by maxXPsoft

I just saw mentioned briefly on a few sites that since Vista SP1 there's no more way of running Audit mode from the specialize pass. Don't know why.

My intention was to run: "%WINDIR%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /audit" from the specialize pass go into Audit mode and then run Synchronous command: "\%AppsRoot%\Install\App1\silent.cmd" and so forth.

It seems MS dropped this method and now requires resealing the install during oobe pass (Microsoft-Windows-Deployment ) and from there going into Audit mode.

I just saw mentioned briefly on a few sites that since Vista SP1 there's no more way of running Audit mode from the specialize pass. Don't know why.

Nope still works

Sample.xml link in my signature down below I have a xml shows the Auditsystem/Audituser

That has my cmd file running <Path>cmd /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\AuditUser.cmd</Path> and it uses a blank password for the Admin to login and apps can be installed with that file or whatever.

at end of file you want to generalize and sysprep so you use something like this cause you want to install some apps and shutdown to image from your first post. I'm not dead sure exact cmd

%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /shutdown

NOTE: 64 bit won't fire that off so you have to copy the cmd and paste in a Admin cmd prompt, duh, is that where everyone is saying it don't work? Better Solution is Find the answer and I'm still trying

Look at Sysprep Command-Line Syntax in unattend.chm for more, I usually make it reboot and go to oobe there.

I just installed all my applications in Audit and when it gets to desk I'm all setup. I Acronis there.

@maxXPsoft

If I add a synchronous command to the specialize pass

"%WINDIR%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /quiet /audit" the setup hangs with a Sysprep 3.14 error: Title: System Preparation Tool 3.14

Information: A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine.

So there's no way of entering audit mode from the specialize pass. What does your AuditUser.cmd do?

Can you post the content, or do you have it stored somewhere? Can you also please post your Autounattend.xml and other xml you have? I'd like to analyze them.

See there's the problem I've been having since ever. I am forced to activate the Administrator account which by default it is disabled. After I activate it and install the apps in audit mode I can't deactivate it and the autologon proceeds with the Administrator account and not with the local account I have set up(admin group). I tried running net user administrator /active:no, but it won't take it.

Edited by atolica

Sample xml link in my sig 1 has the audit

I'm hung right now and can't get that file cause I had started over and it deletes everything. Had installed the other waik for vista then uninstalled and trying to see how to fix.

It just runs my app to install apps. I fire off a cleanup.cmd file at end to reboot to oobe and that does the sysprep cmdline

%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /quiet /unattend:OOBEAudit.xml

which don't work in 64 as I said. I open admin cmd prompt and paste it there.

Both my xmls are on a usb jumpdrive or can be a floppy

I usually go into Audit as my user and then you can remove that user later if you want.

Edit: if you notice my user name is Admin, not the Administrator account. I password that other account also

Edited by maxXPsoft

LOOK HERE AutoUnattend.xml and x64_AutoUnattend - AUDIT.xml

I got that, but what does the AuditUser.cmd contain? Does it run sysprep /audit or what does it do?

Edited by atolica

I got that, but what does the AuditUser.cmd contain? Does it run sysprep /audit or what does it do?

look at post 20 I already said what it does. You not interested in my app and thats all it does is run it to install all my applications silently :thumbup

I just got through running a complete real Audit and setup my PC (Not a VM) as I have said. worked perfectly except the sysprep won't start in X64 so I done as above post 20

urie uses X86 and he say's it fires off right on that. Been trying to figure out whats up with that for some time.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Sorry I missed that.

So AuditUser.cmd calls "%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /quiet /unattend:OOBEAudit.xml" which calls oobe pass and then it reseals it in Auditmode? What does OOBEAudit.xml do?

At what pass do you enter the synchronous commands for silent apps installation? audituser or auditsystem?

"cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\AdReader9\silent.cmd" for example?

I also have a "cmd /c "FOR %i IN (C D E F G H I J K L N M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %i:\AppsRoot.txt SETX AppsRoot %i: -m"" command for RunOnceEx.cmd. Is this necessary for your setup? I guess not as you're running everything from the %systemdrive%. I want my apps installed from the DVD though.

I want to use RunOnceEx.cmd from CD method. Your Se7en_UA is copying all the apps and drivers to the root drive.

Edited by atolica

Sorry I missed that.

So AuditUser.cmd calls "%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /quiet /unattend:OOBEAudit.xml" which calls oobe pass and then it reseals it in Auditmode? What does OOBEAudit.xml do?

At what pass do you enter the synchronous commands for silent apps installation? audituser or auditsystem?

"cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\AdReader9\silent.cmd" for example?

I also have a "cmd /c "FOR %i IN (C D E F G H I J K L N M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %i:\AppsRoot.txt SETX AppsRoot %i: -m"" command for RunOnceEx.cmd. Is this necessary for your setup? I guess not as you're running everything from the %systemdrive%. I want my apps installed from the DVD though.

I want to use RunOnceEx.cmd from CD method. Your Se7en_UA is copying all the apps and drivers to the root drive.

Auditsystem sets audituser pass up to run, thats all mainly

Audituser.cmd(I named it that not MS) just sets up and installs my Se7en_UA to install applications. Use your synchronous commands here instead if you want, I found it was easier to run 1 .cmd and do it. EX: RunOnceEx methods

OOBEAudit.xml since I am going to OOBE pass is just the complete oobesystem part of my xml. You can use part of that to do what you want. Finish up touches but since you want the welcome then don't use the <OOBE>

I also have a "cmd /c "

I needed that this time, I split my 650GB in 2 and it didn't call my OOBEAudit.xml correctly since my usb drive was down 1 notch :P my messup

You can use that to search floppy/usb for the OOBEAudit.xml if needed or pick up your Dvd to install from there.

I actually ran the application installs off my second drive, my Se7en_UA picks up all drives with the APPS folder and I can select which to use. Since I play music while install applications it used to play like 6 mp3 running off Dvd but its little over 1 from second drive.

I think then instead of oobe just do sysprep shutdown and image the thing with PE.

EDIT: Like this

Edited by maxXPsoft

Thank you for all your clarifying answers.

So if I add another synchronous command after AuditUser.cmd in audituser pass, will it work? Because if I just the command sysprep /audit...., the setup breaks and I don't know why.

Edited by atolica

Thank you for all your clarifying answers.

So if I add another synchronous command after AuditUser.cmd in audituser pass, will it work? Because if I just the command sysprep /audit...., the setup breaks and I don't know why.

I found out what I was doing wrong and just worked in VM for X64 :thumbup

I'm running this from a .cmd file

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\OOBEAudit.xml SET DVDroot=%%d
CLS
%windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /quiet /unattend:%DVDroot%\OOBEAudit.xml

you might add a little bit into the xml so it has something and can call the xml like below

did you see what that guy said

if it makes a difference this has no winpe, we just sysprep the machine (doing /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:unattend.xml) let it shut down, then upload it to an imaging server, when I pull the image to a machine it also pulls a driver layer for whatever the model is and dumps the drivers to C:\Drivers

EDIT: The OEMs do stuff like this at end of their cmd files so when you get the PC it has none of their .cmds

:Cleanup

del /F /Q %systemroot%\setup\scripts\oobe.cmd

just deleted the file it was running

Edited by maxXPsoft

Never had problems with the LUA being disabled, but on my vlited W7 I cannot properly Remove Packages via Offline servicing using Autounattend.xml. Did you use vLite on your image as well ?

I did exactly as you say Mr Jinje, but instead I tried using RunOnceEx.cmd method from the DVD.

that's a good one bra- I did exactly as you say, "EXCEPT" I did it differently. LOL. I guess this will detect the "install.wim" on your DVD. Give it a go.

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i
ECHO %MEDIA%

But to be honest, I cannot figure out why you are wasting your time to script these installs at all. You clearly state in your first post that after the installation of these apps you plan to sysprep, generalize, oobe + shutdown + image the machine. To me it seems you can install all your apps and sysprep then after you capture your image that will be that.

Or are you trying to install these applications on the first boot of every machine that gets this image ? (which defeats the purpose of sysprep under certain circumstances)

MrJinje

Is this the correct syntax for the RunOnceEx loop command?

"for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i ECHO %MEDIA%"

Is this the correct syntax for the RunOnceEx loop command?

place that in a cmd file and put Pause at bottom. close and run it if dvd is inserted will echo drive. wrong do this way

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i
ECHO %MEDIA%
pause

remove the " around things then you get this

ECHO F:

Edit don't add \ then you can use like this %MEDIA%\whatever.exe

Edited by maxXPsoft