Any way around Vista 800MHZ CPU Requirement?...

mlongue1

Is there any way around Vista min 800MHZ CPU Requirement?... I know about the memory tweak built into VLite, same as the one built into NLite, but what I need is a way around the Vista min 800MHZ CPU Requirement?... Thanks in advance, and have a great week...

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way around Vista min 800MHZ CPU Requirement?... I know about the memory tweak built into VLite, same as the one built into NLite, but what I need is a way around the Vista min 800MHZ CPU Requirement?... Thanks in advance, and have a great week...

There is no 800Mhz barrier.. Vista installs even on Pentium II 366 MhZ without any tweaking/vliting or customizing at all. I know that because I hav put it on an old Thinkpad 600e back in 2006 just to see what will happen ;) My guess is that the x86 version is optimzed for 586 or 686, that would mean any Pentium classed cpu Í or II will do.

Note that Vista supports officially Pentium III and AMD Durons/Athlons, it even correctly identifies such cpus in devicemanager with the correct processor drivers ( where win7 uses generic drivers ). Even the System Requirements for Vista Starter Edition list "pentium 3". Pentium II / AMD K6 is really slooow. But with heavy tweaking and running in classic design.. well it is possible.

Pentium IIIs start at 500Mhz in the year 2000 around.

btw: For the 512MB Barrier you don't need vlite. Start "Setup.exe /nosyscheck" from within xp and tell vista to replace it .. ;-)