Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Linux 2.6.33 released (2/24/10)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,550 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Linux 2.6.33 has been released on February 24th, 2010.

Summary: This version features Nouveau (a reverse-engineered driver for Nvidia graphic cards), Nintendo Wii and Gamecube support, DRDB (Distributed Replicated Block Device), a security extension for TCP called "cookie transactions", a syscall for batching recvmsg() calls, several new perf subcommands (perf probe, perf bench, perf kmem, perf diff), support for cache compression, Xen PV-on-HVM support, drivers for virtual network and graphic cards from VMWare, swappable KSM pages, and many new drivers and many small improvements and bugfixes

http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_33

Some nice improvements :)
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Vince4Amy

Vince4Amy

• 41 posts
  • Joined 24-November 07
I've been using 2.6.33 in Slackware and with newer versions of X, I'm getting great FPS on an ATi Radeon HD4850 by using the OpenSource drivers over the official ATi Drivers.

[ AMD Phenom II 840 X4 3.2GHz | Biostar TA870 | 16GB RAM | ATi Radeon HD5770 | OCZ Agility 3 120GB ]

12770.png

awergh

awergh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
Really?, my experiences with an 4670 on Linux has been terrible flickering videos are not nice suppose its better then the freezing I've had before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users