Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win XP PRO 64 and 32 i386 files?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

knightrider1956

knightrider1956
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 25-February 10
I was wondering. Can the i386 file in the 32 bit version of XP PRO SP2 be copied into the 64 bit version. I was reading that on some install discs the error missing or corrupt TXTSETUP.SIF file appears and stops the install. I was looking at my copy of XP PRO 64 and noticed it didn't have the TXTSETUP.SIF in the i386 file but my older XP 32 bit dose.

I was going to make a slipstream disc with the newer 64 bit version, for my new build to include the drivers for SATA drives because my new machine has no floppy drive. The instructions on how to make one on the MaximumPC site

http://www.maximumpc...lation?page=0,2

said I had to alter the TXTSETUP.SIF and as I said, there is no such file in my 64 bit version.
Am I asking for disaster swapping the 32 bit i386 file into the 64 bit program ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
It's actually in the amd64 folder, I believe. The answer is no, though - you should not do this.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users