Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Vista Boot Image

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jdwcomic

Jdwcomic
  • 4 posts
Hello, I'm trying to make a bootable Vista install disc from a file due to the fact I lost my disc. When I go to burn it it asks me for a boot image I can't find anything in my Vista files that it will accept as a boot image what do I need to do?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,702 posts

Donator

Firstly, I don't understand what you mean by "a file" and second, what program are you using to burn the disc?

You can get the boot image (boot.wim) from the Vista install CD, or possibly on a recovery partition if you have an OEM computer.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Jdwcomic

Jdwcomic
  • 4 posts
thanks i found boot.wim ill try to burn the disk with ImgBurn right now

Jdwcomic

Jdwcomic
  • 4 posts
the files are on DVD and it loads on my PC but my laptop wont boot it how do i get it installed on my laptop (which currently has no OS thanks to my ignorance)

Jdwcomic

Jdwcomic
  • 4 posts
I burned an .ISO of Vista on DVD and it loads on my PC but my laptop wont boot it how do i get it installed on my laptop (which currently has no OS thanks to my ignorance) my laptop is an Acer Aspire 4530 any ideas?

Edited by Tripredacus, 04 March 2010 - 03:45 PM.
merged. Do not make multiple threads for the same thing

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,702 posts

Donator

Right, you can't just toss the file on there and that's it. In fact the boot image by itself probably won't help you very much. In order to make it bootable you are going to need additional files. Fortunately these files are located in the Windows AIK. YOu need to get the version for Vista SP1. Do not use the one for Windows 7!

Commands to make a bootable PE CD are located here:
http://technet.micro...537(WS.10).aspx

Of course, Vista needs a DVD. Additional info on creating Win PE boot media are here:
http://www.msfn.org/...ployment-using/
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN