which forum should I use to post questions/problems

Parrot

Unsure of which forum should I use to post questions/problems regarding nlite & not being able to see my OS disc?

I'm currently running win7 64bit, but I want to go back to XP. I'm trying to use nLite to create a customized install that has my RAID, mobo, video, sound, network, etc. drivers and every time i start the software & point it to the directory (or cd drive) containing my original winXP it gives me a message stating "Make sure the folder contains i386" etc... I can not make it past that point.

Now I am running on win7 right now, do I need to do this operation on a winXP machine? Could it be that simple?

I've also tried using an ISO/virtual drive and also copied the contents of the cd to a temp folder on my hdd.

Any help would be appreciated, and since I put this in the general forum I think a moderator would be kind and move to the correct forum.

I suggest you do not use Win7 as a host OS to run nLite for WinXP. You could create a virtual machine and run nLite there. There are ways to export the nLited XPCD from the VM.

Thanks. I have a few other machines i could use for this.

I tried giving win7 a shot, not too happy with it so far.