This update was not built into my system.

AJARBAS

The progress bar was just to get a sense of completion, because I added several applications in the HFGUIRUNONCE

If u just want to get a sense of completion, try using RunOnceEx instead :)

Can someone try manually changing runonce to runonceex in the sourcess\i386\hfslpgui.inf file and see if the runonceex works properly?

Someone could esin me?

What do I do?

[Version]

Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

[HFSLIPGUI_Rem]

AddReg=AddReg.Rem

[HFSLIPGUI_Run]

AddReg=AddReg.Run

[AddReg.Rem]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce",HFSLIPGUI,0x20000,"CMD /C RD/Q/S %WINDIR%\HFSLIP"

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}","Compatibility Flags",0x10001,0x400

[AddReg.Run]

HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}","Compatibility Flags",0x10001,0x400

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce",HFSLIPGUI,0x20000,"CMD /C CMDOW @ /HID&START/WAIT %SYSTEMROOT%\HFSLIP\HFSLPGUI.CMD"

Edited by AJARBAS

I dun know how to convert runonce to runonceex via the hfslpgui.inf

What I mean is to run the exe file via the runonceex route.

There is a known method suggested in the Unattended Windows/RunOnceEx from CD

But since HFSLIP support Autoit, why not use this feature rather than using batch file. By using batch file, you have to use cmdow.exe to hide console window.

Autoit do not need that. And you can keep adding your application here. nlite & RMVi can't do this :D

I shall provide you with sample autoit syntax and you just modify it according to your need.

Take for example, DOTNET 3.0 & 3.5 to install via RunOnceEx instead of HFGUIRUNONCE

I run .Net 3.0 & 3.5 via a single exe using HFEXPERT\AUTOIT folder (You create this folder manually).

Syntax for the registry entry is (I called it ROEscript.au3. The .au3 is simply a text file with .au3 extension)

$ROE="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx" ;Assign $ROE to stated string. Similar to Set command

RegWrite($ROE, 'TITLE', 'Reg_sz', 'Installing Applications . . .');The Main RunOnceEx Windows Title. (Note: Default is 'Windows Update')

RegWrite($ROE&'\DNF3', '', 'Reg_sz', '.Net 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1'); Application name to appear in your RunonceEx windows
RegWrite($ROE&'\DNF3', '1', 'Reg_sz', [b]@ScriptDir[/b]&"\DNF335.exe"); command with switch. Can also be switchless if exe is repackage.

RegWrite($ROE&'\FolderSize', '', 'Reg_sz', 'Folder Size 2.4'); adding next application reg entry
RegWrite($ROE&'\FolderSize', '1', 'Reg_sz', @ScriptDir&"\FolderSize-2.4.msi /quiet")

Drag ROEscript.au3 to autoit3.exe to execute the script

Now open up your registry and view your ROE entry to have a feel how things looks like.

You can add more syntax and recheck your registry to confirm. (After viewing, delete these added keys)

During execution at T13, only registry entry are written. Hence when 1st reboot, your application is install via

D:\I386\SVCPACK\ (Assume you tested in VM)

Advantage: Installer.exe do not need to copied to harddisk first.

It installs from CD. Useful for big switchless exe like .NET 3.0 & 3.5

Constraint using AUTOIT folder:

Requires main executable AutoIt3.exe to be present. You can get it from the main webpage. (Just download the ZIP package and place autoit3.exe in EXPERT\AUTOIT folder

ROEScript.au3 can be >8.3 but filename must not have space

Min files must have at least 3 files

AutoIt3.exe <-essential

ROEScript.au3 <- autoit installer script, in text form

Installer.exe <- your installer application

Subsequently, if you wish to add more application using ROE, just add entry to ROEscript.au3 and put new installer file in this folder.

ROEscript.au3

Pls test in VM.

Edited by Geej

i just found a way to fix our problem AJARBAS

are you installing from USB ? do you use winsetupfromusb ?

if yes , you have to edit HFSLIP.CMD

1) use winsetupfromusb to put your SOURCESS into your USBstick

wait for it to complete

2) go to your "drive letter of your usb stick"\WINSETUP\XPpSP3\I386\SVCPACK

edit HFSLIP.CMD

replace

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\I386\SVCPACK (

SET HFSLIP=%%i:\I386\

SET HFSLIPSVC=%%i:\I386\SVCPACK\

)

with

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WINSETUP\XPpSP3\I386\SVCPACK (

SET HFSLIP=%%i:\WINSETUP\XPpSP3\I386\

SET HFSLIPSVC=%%i:\WINSETUP\XPpSP3\I386\SVCPACK\

)

3) that's it , you shouldnt have any problem