Vista 64bit Crashing

Tumps

My brothers PC has start to BSOD and so i tried to load the System Repair by placing the Vista disc and restarting the PC but when I did this it first froze, the i hit reset and tried again and this time i got a BSOD with

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000221 0x00100390).

The system has been shut down.

Any clues on a simple(ish) fix.... or what's cuasing it??....

I will of cause try to provide all the Info you need

Thanks in Advanced for any help

Please note that unlike most cases where people blame bugchecks on bad memory and are incorrect, these actually *are* potential memory failure bugchecks, so you may actually have bad RAM in the system. I'd be checking that, because all of the bugcheck codes you've shown (c21a/4e) happen when a memory location lookup fails, either due to a faulty pointer or a page fault during a non-paged operation. Given it failed in Windows *and* when booting from a (very) minimal Windows PE boot disc, this is at least one scenario where I would test memory. Again, it's possible the RAM is fine and your bugchecks are just coincidence, but the likelihood of that is fairly slim.