RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session

crap, thanks MrJinje I didn't realize that, know I had removed almost 1gb from mine using my test stuff but no reduction hardly :thumbup

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session

crap, thanks MrJinje I didn't realize that, know I had removed almost 1gb from mine using my test stuff but no reduction hardly :thumbup

LOL, don't tell me, your next version of SevenUA will reduce wim size as well. How come I am not surprised.

I didn't see anything in the latest version that couldn't be converted to gif to remove the flash requirement. That is, unless he is using flash to install some kind of phone home tracking cookie (LSO).

i tried to convert it to gif....but its getting much grains

Have you tried PNG files or do you require animation?

The "Files" folder inside of a wim contains any files deleted from the WIM during a DISM session, these are basically orphan files that belong in none of the images inside the wim. The only way to get rid of them is to export the image using imagex or gimagex, thus creating a new wim without the orphaned files (and reducing it's size). DISM cannot do this, only imagex.

You're a smart guy, Mr. Jinje. Besides Vlite, your dismtool has singularly been the most useful tool in my arsenal.

LOL, don't tell me, your next version of SevenUA will reduce wim size as well. How come I am not surprised.

Never know, been waiting so long for someone to start doing it. Time you put in 200mb drivers, 200mb updates you start running out of space

Makes sense now, if you want to go to less image's you export to another .wim. Guess that's the only way it can cleanup it's trash.

that's going on the resume' :thumbup

that and 5 dollars get you a cup of coffee :)

what I meant by oh crap was there was talk of this way back beginning with vista but had slipped my mind. toyed with it but not much cause had space back then

what I meant by oh crap was there was talk of this way back beginning with vista but had slipped my mind. toyed with it but not much cause had space back then

Had I known it would be that simple, I would have started my own 7Lite Tool™ back in August. At least this way, I don't have to do any work, much easier to just push Ben in the right direction. LOL, unless reducing WIM size isn't a priority for 7Lite.

Had I known it would be that simple, I would have started my own 7Lite Tool™ back in August. At least this way, I don't have to do any work, much easier to just push Ben in the right direction. LOL, unless reducing WIM size isn't a priority for 7Lite.

Yes my friend...This issue is solved in my next update. So far i didn't set to reduce the size of WIM even after selecting "Build current image only". In 1.04 you will get some more updates like

* Add multiple drivers

* Change temporary directory

* Tweaks didn't applied correctly in previous versions [Fixed]

* WIM size not reduced even after selecting "Build current image only" [Fixed]

* USB bootable not worked in other language except English [Fixed]

* Errors in Unattended Answer sheet [Fixed]

* Tool tip for each components says size of the application and needed for what.

* Previous settings error [Fixed]

* Some exception errors [Fixed]

Yes my friend...This issue is solved in my next update. So far i didn't set to reduce the size of WIM even after selecting "Build current image only". In 1.04 you will get some more updates like

* Add multiple drivers

* Change temporary directory

* Tweaks didn't applied correctly in previous versions [Fixed]

* WIM size not reduced even after selecting "Build current image only" [Fixed]

* USB bootable not worked in other language except English [Fixed]

* Errors in Unattended Answer sheet [Fixed]

* Tool tip for each components says size of the application and needed for what.

* Previous settings error [Fixed]

* Some exception errors [Fixed]

Sounds great Ben - any ETA on the next release?

Cool, wondering if it wouldn't be more useful to append the size to the end of the feature name (so we can see them all at once)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Also wondering if you want to create a section where people can import HKCU .reg files, and then 7Lite could mount/merge them into the default users hive. This way end-users have quick method to add their own personal reg-tweaks.

Basically it would need to edit the reg to match the hive mount point (in this case HKEY_USERS\TEST) before importing. Does that sound plausible ?

User would import a reg file looking like this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"="1"

and 7Lite should mount the hive and change the registry key like this before merging the settings. (simple text replace)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\TEST\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"="1"

Just an idea.

Edited by MrJinje

I'll never test a tool which requires turning off UAC :whistle:

Its good not disabling UAC but just give a try dism and mount with that by enabling UAC at full level. It will give you a privilege error.

When you remove parental controls in features removal it doesn't gray it out in the Tweaks section -> control panel tab. Same with phone and modem. Both tablet PC setting and speech recognizer are grayed out I'm assuming because I removed them in the features.

Oh and I get this error when I try to build the image. Trying to build Windows 7 Enterprise since it doesn't work with vlite. Its supposed to be exactly the same as Ultimate just without the premium games.

post-283358-126886853634_thumb.png

RT 7lite error.txt

RT 7lite error.txt

post-283358-126886853634_thumb.png

Edited by Elmoonfire