RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

This error when i'm try to modify something in the "tweak" section

Hello Zumoc:

Are you trying this on a windows installation that you had previously used Rt7 Lite to remove the winsxs cache?

No,it is made whit a original iso.

ADD:

There some problem whit a error under here. Tha RT_Mount folder created in a temp folder , can't be removed. If i try to reopen rt7 exe,it say that i must delete the install.wim file mounted in the folder that i can't try to delete. Is possible to rename but non delete it.

You must unmount the install.wim in the mount folder of RT Se7en Lite.

You can`t delete this file:

Open the konsole as admin and write this:

c:\Programme\Windows_AIK\Tools\x86(or amd64)\imagex /unmount c:\ ... and here the Path to the mount folder

when the unmounting prozess is finished, the mount folder is empty and you can delete this folder.

beatmaster

But WAIK is unecesary on Seven and i don't have installed.

ADD:

There some problem whit a error under here. Tha RT_Mount folder created in a temp folder , can't be removed. If i try to reopen rt7 exe,it say that i must delete the install.wim file mounted in the folder that i can't try to delete. Is possible to rename but non delete it.

You are trying this after windows 7 was customized. First install .NET framework 3 and 3.5

No customized but from a original image or wim. Also simply load the folder that contain a copy of DVD and try to modify something in tweak section. I can't install Framework but i thik that is included in a seven sysop. Or not?. Also i tryed whit framework 4 but says that the archive component on seven is damaged.

Ramain to repeat the costumization tryng whith winsxs skipped.

Removing winsxs cache will most assuredly break your .net install. While it may leave certain core functionality, your experience suggests that the cache is better left alone. I have found it impossible to reinstall .net once it is removed.

Removing winsxs cache will most assuredly break your .net install. While it may leave certain core functionality, your experience suggests that the cache is better left alone. I have found it impossible to reinstall .net once it is removed.

I will fix this issue becoz winsxs will reduce the size ultimately.

Hello bensam56

I see inside the file "resource.en-US.txt" that the lines:

Lag_137 and Lag_138 are the same (same description)?

And the line Lag_149 is missing!

Is that correct?

Just littles errors:

process

writing

Formatting

Select an ISO

Select an Image

Lag_337=...the support for ti so... (it)

Lag_396= ...telecoms products...

Lag_440=......Energy, Photo Screensaver, all except Blank screen.

Lag_466=...by Microsoft's instant...

Lag_471=...service caches...

Lag_473=..which enables...

Lag_474=..."-Windows Firrewall"

Lag_476=...additional...

Lag_479=...pripority...applications..

Lag_484=...Reliability

Lag_486=...passwords...unauthorized

Lag_488=...network...

Lag_498=...by...

Lag_499=...consistent...

Lag_500=...addition...

Lag_502=File

Lag_503=...won't...

Lag_507=Network...

Lag_513=Microsoft...

Lag_526=Reliability...

Lag_540=Disk quota...

Lag_556=...installations...

Lag_557=...privileges...

Lag_559=...privileges...clearance...

Lag_560=Upgrades the window... (Windows)

Lag_572=exe is...The Wsqmcons.exe (the first word is at the end)

Lag_573=Settings...

Thanks

yeah its correct....Just translate as it is. Thank you for finding the spelling errors...Just typed fast...ok send the document ASAP

Naturally. The only one problem in order to remove the file contained in the winsxs folder is that is important choiche what can be removed and what not. Also there are a possibility to reduce something of the framework included in the sysop but is a very delicate question.

I'm all for that! Can you believe .net 4 requires *2 gb* of hard drive space in x64?

Someone had an idea several pages back that you could "symlink" the .net files. Does that make sense to you Ben?

Ben, do you think it is possible to remove or even reduce the size of winsxs but keep windows update functionality in the future? I thought I saw somewhere here on the boards a thread that they would do a post install method of reducing the size of winsxs but keep windows update compatibility.

edit: By the way I fixed my .net update issue I posted earlier for 1.0.9. It was a component I removed that broke the ability to install the .net 3.5 update from windows update. I'll post the name of the component when I get home.

Edited by Elmoonfire

I will fix this issue because winsxs will reduce the size ultimately.
Ben, do you think it is possible to remove or even reduce the size of winsxs but keep windows update functionality in the future? I thought I saw somewhere here on the boards a thread that they would do a post install method of reducing the size of winsxs but keep windows update compatibility.
The thread is titled "Windows 7 Safe WinSxS Removal With Vlite". Seems that Method 2 may be the best approach, since it rebuilds the WinSxS directory using hotfix kb947821. There is a .bat with Method 4, but for x86 builds only right now. :(

That entire thread has some good ideas & links to bypass WinSxS usage..

I'm looking forward to the new updates soon please! :)

Edited by re8

I will fix this issue because winsxs will reduce the size ultimately.
The thread is titled "Windows 7 Safe WinSxS Removal With Vlite". Seems that Method 2 may be the best approach, since it rebuilds the WinSxS directory using hotfix kb947821. There is a .bat with Method 4, but for x86 builds only right now. :(

That entire thread has some good ideas & links to bypass WinSxS usage..

I'm looking forward to the new updates soon please! :)

I konw the process describeb by aviv00 and i've tested and for me run well. Vlite remove the sxs cache ( obviusly not completely but ) well. But the problem of update remain ,perhaps for the damage of the damaged catalog that is not coerent whit the file contained in the sxs folder.

Can anybody tell me what component breaks the Local Users and Groups in the computer management console? I've tried on both 32-bit as well as 64-bit and I get an "Unspecified Error" (see attachment below) when I click on the Find Now button. I've also attached my inf file.

Don't remove remote assistance....

I used RT Seven Lite to remove some components and feature, but now application tasks are not appearing in the Jump List. Certain features such as closing an application's windows or unpinning a program from the Start Menu/Taskbar works, however. I also had issues activating windows. Anyone know what components are required for these to work, that I may have accidentally removed?

Thanks