RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Hi

my computer crashed while creating my own windows 7 ( had a lot of programs running) and now i cant start RT seven lite. Every time this comes up: you have to unmount following wim.

I read through the thread and tried this: c:\Program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex /unmount c:\Users\rasmus\appdata\local\temp\RT_mount. it started unmounting. However when started rt seven lite the problem still existed.

please could someone help me? :)

Edited by snooze

I have multiboot systems. On #1 Win7 32-bit is on drive I:\ and Win7 64-bit is on drive H:\; on #2 system Win7 32-bit is on drive H:\.

Still no success. Have two systems: #1 has Win7 32-bit and 64-bit installed; #2 has Win7 32-bit installed. Results were the same for both #1 and #2 systems and all three operating systems.

Downloaded RT 7 Lite 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.0.9, 1.1.0, 1.2.0, and 2.10; both 32-bit and 64-bit versions - and all gave the same results when tried on both systems and both operating systems on #1 system.

Windows AIK was installed prior to installing any of the versions indicated above. The installation of RT 7 Lite proceeded with no problems. Clicking the desktop icon resulted in the appearance of attachment RT7Lite120.png with attachment RT7LIte2.png immediatley behind it.

Clicking the X in the upper-right corner of attachment RT7Lite2.png to close that box, as I had the WAIK installed, resulted in an error box appearing. The title bar: Microsoft .NET Framework. Comments: Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Three boxes: Details, Continue, Quit.

Selecting Details gave the information in attachment RT7LiteDetails.txt.

Selecting Continue brough up another error box with the message: Required files are missing. Please reinstall the application. Reinstalling the application has no effect on the results.

In this posting in the forum: http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=8292 the issue was only C:\ drive was an option for the installation of Win7 - period!!! That is unacceptable - especially for those of us with dual/multi-boot systems.

I would like to see RT 7 Lite work from any drive/partition.

Edited by ChiefZeke

Hi

my computer crashed while creating my own windows 7 ( had a lot of programs running) and now i cant start RT seven lite. Every time this comes up: you have to unmount following wim.

I read through the thread and tried this: c:\Program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex /unmount c:\Users\rasmus\appdata\local\temp\RT_mount. However it didn't work..

I already have this kind problem, RT 7 Lite tries to mount WIM file in default TEMP DIR but dir is already have a previuos image on it. To resolve that you need remove\unmount that dir using bat\cmd file with that code:

DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /discard
DISM /Cleanup-Wim
TAKEOWN /F C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /R
ICACLS C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /T /L /GRANT *S-1-1-0:F
RD /s /Q "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount"

Where "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" is your RT 7 Lite temp folder inside in your User Dir.

The above path is defauth RT 7 Lite TEMP DIR, but sometimes it can creates diferent paths.

To see the right path, go to DOS Prompt and type: DISM /Get-MountedWimInfo this will show any mounted WIM image in your system and currect path.

Other way to remove that dir is using a Unlocker program taht you can download here:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Hi

I read through the thread and tried this: c:\Program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex /unmount c:\Users\rasmus\appdata\local\temp\RT_mount. it started unmounting. However when started rt seven lite the problem still existed.

Check the temp directory and see you are having rt_mount folder. If still existed then check registry editor and if you found some unknown registry keys un HKLM then just unload those keys. Now try dism to unload the image

dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:%temp%\rt_mount /discard

... why does the iso size GROW although i removed the biggest components (games, media components, drivers, languages, natural language, tablet pc components)??

edit: choosing "build current image only" results in a 2.3gb image... something must still be wrong

additionally, when opening a extract-folder a second time, rt7lite does not know which version (basic, premium...) i chose the first time

Edited by jaykay

wOw ... just finished compiling Windows 7 Ultimate and got ISO size 770 MB, can easily fit on a CD B)

will post installation results later ... hope it works .. :thumbup

... why does the iso size GROW although i removed the biggest components (games, media components, drivers, languages, natural language, tablet pc components)??

edit: choosing "build current image only" results in a 2.3gb image... something must still be wrong

additionally, when opening a extract-folder a second time, rt7lite does not know which version (basic, premium...) i chose the first time

Did you slipstreamed Service pack 1 or integrated any applications?

Edited by bensam56

Hi

I read through the thread and tried this: c:\Program files\Windows AIK\Tools\amd64\imagex /unmount c:\Users\rasmus\appdata\local\temp\RT_mount. However it didn't work..

I already have this kind problem, RT 7 Lite tries to mount WIM file in default TEMP DIR but dir is already have a previuos image on it. To resolve that you need remove\unmount that dir using bat\cmd file with that code:

DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /discard
DISM /Cleanup-Wim
TAKEOWN /F C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /R
ICACLS C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" /T /L /GRANT *S-1-1-0:F
RD /s /Q "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount"

Where "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\RT_Mount" is your RT 7 Lite temp folder inside in your User Dir.

The above path is defauth RT 7 Lite TEMP DIR, but sometimes it can creates diferent paths.

To see the right path, go to DOS Prompt and type: DISM /Get-MountedWimInfo this will show any mounted WIM image in your system and currect path.

Other way to remove that dir is using a Unlocker program taht you can download here:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

thanx! worked like a charm

thanks bensam, I tried the 2.1 build on both x86 and x64 platforms.

Everything went fine including the slipstreaming of SP1 too. The windows is running pretty smooth and so far no glitches at all!

just updated to the latest version and get this error when loading os files after selecting between 32 or 64 bit

object reference not set to an instance of an object

didnt have this issue with the previous version

just updated to the latest version and get this error when loading os files after selecting between 32 or 64 bit

object reference not set to an instance of an object

didnt have this issue with the previous version

whether your OS is already customized?

Ben:

I used the new beta and integrated the beta service pack. When I try to load the bootable dvd to install Windows, it says it cannot boot the DVD because of the boot loader:

It seems some other error not because of service pack 1....I installed and its working good.