RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

IT'S WORKING !!!! :w00t:

Many thanks winterstorm! ;)

Thanks for your suggestions! I will modify the guide!

I see a little "bug" because when I use temporary folder inside "C:\RTtemp" (my example) I have two "Lastsession.inf" created!

One file created inside my Windows customized folder location (always "Lastsession.inf" without number); and another inside:

%SystemDrive%\Programs\Rockers Team\RT Lite x86\Preset\Lastsession(X).inf

If it's your case you can delete this one inside your folder location befor create the iso file!

I tell you when the new guide is made!

Thank you again!

*Edit:

New with RT Se7en Lite 1.5.0 RC = the path for the "Lastsession(X).inf" is modded, now:

"%SystemDrive%\Programs\Rockers Team\RT 7 Lite x86\Preset\Laatsession(X).inf"

And the last "Lastsession.inf" file inside the folder location where is Windows 7 customized is here to have an easy access for this one It's not a bug, but it's new!

Edited by myselfidem

One question for Bensam56 : do you plan to integrate full screen window for rt7 lite ?

One question for community : Did someone tried to remove gadgets and how do you do for removing all unwanted ? (Because, i can't delete them in the folder)

Ok myselfidem, i wait for the new revision of the guide.

Thanks.

Edited by winterstorm

I'm having a lot of trouble getting RT7 Lite to work. I'm running windows 7 x64 Ultimate, and I installed WAIK 7, then installed RT7 Lite (1.5.0), then gave it my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 iso file to extract. It goes through a ton of waiting time, a few progress bars, and a choice of operating systems (I choose "Windows 7 ULTIMATE"), more waiting, and then I get an error message:

---------------------------

RT Seven Lite

RT 7 Lite can't able to mount the selected WIM image

Cause: This may due to RT 7 Lite working directory may be opened

OK

Clicking OK makes RT7 Lite close instantly.

I figured that it might be a permissions issue, so I started RT7 Lite as an administrator, and it seemed to make a lot more progress... it even showed "Setting environment" at the bottom of the screen, a change from the usual "loading image...", but then I got this error message:

RT Seven Lite

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

OK

Clicking OK dismissed the error, and RT7 Lite appeared to be usable, but it seems like random activities cause an exception to be raised. I'd hit the "Continue" button, and RT7 Lite seemed to keep working. But when I finished customizing my Win7 disc and clicked the Commit button on the log tab, I get another exception error, and RT7 Lite just stopped working completely. It sat there doing nothing, using no CPU time. Every option in the program was disabled, so I couldn't do anything at all.

Has anyone actually managed to use RT7 Lite to create a working install iso? How'd you get around these issues? I really need to slim down my Windows 7 install, because I have a 60gb Solid State HD, and I can't afford to waste so much space on Windows 7 features that I don't need.

Excluded files functionality?

Long story short, I'd like to keep the Light Sensor working in Device Manager.

Even I chose to keep Adaptive Brightness, some files were still removed to prevent the Light Sensor to function.

I manage to find out there are at least 3 files needed for Light Sensor to work.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\acpials.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mudfrd.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\UMDF\sensoralsdriver.dll

How should I tell RT7Lite to use its excluded file function to ensure the above 3 files to be preserved?

Any syntax I need to follow to make sure it is working?

Thanks

Excluded files functionality?

Long story short, I'd like to keep the Light Sensor working in Device Manager.

Even I chose to keep Adaptive Brightness, some files were still removed to prevent the Light Sensor to function.

I manage to find out there are at least 3 files needed for Light Sensor to work.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\acpials.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\mudfrd.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\UMDF\sensoralsdriver.dll

How should I tell RT7Lite to use its excluded file function to ensure the above 3 files to be preserved?

Any syntax I need to follow to make sure it is working?

Thanks

Hello!

You can preserve these files like this: click on the button: "Secure files" on the right pane inside Features removal. Select the files you want keep and save! These files will not be removed!

Edited by myselfidem

One question for community : Did someone tried to remove gadgets and how do you do for removing all unwanted ? (Because, i can't delete them in the folder)

Thanks.

Hello!

A - If you want to remove all Gadgets:

Inside "Features removal"

1) On right pane = Deselect: "Windows Sidebar&Gadgets"

2) On left pane = Select: "Windows Sidebar"

3) If you want restore use the button "Revert"

4) You can see after inside "Customization section", with the tab "Gadgets" that the lines are write in dark. That means there will be removed.

5) Do the reverse operation to restore

B - If you want only remove unwanted Gadgets

1) Inside Customization section

a - click the text Here (to delete before commit) or select the button "Delete".

A window is open and you can choose the Gadgets you want to delete

You must takeOwnership for the folders

b - Delete all the files inside the folder and after delete the folder

Now you have only the Gadgets you want to install and the Gadgets deleted were displayed with an red icons

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

Hello!

You can preserve these files like this: click on the button: "Secure files" on the right pane inside Features removal. Select the files you want keep and save! These files will not be removed!

Hi,

I know where this function is, but not sure how to use it.

ex. when RT7Lite asks for file name to be secured, how should I provide this info.?

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\acpials.sys <= does not work

acpials.sys <= does not work

drivers\acpials.sys <= does not work

\drivers\acpials.sys <= does not work

Thanks

Hi,

I know where this function is, but not sure how to use it.

ex. when RT7Lite asks for file name to be secured, how should I provide this info.?

Thanks

Ok!

I will make some search!

I think you must choose the files inside the mounted folder inside "%userprofile%\%temp%" or your new temp folder created; example: "%SystemDrive%\RT_TEMP"

It seems useful for dll's inside System32:

RT Se7en Lite tutorials:

How to secure files using RT Seven Lite?

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Ok!

I will make some search!

I think you must choose the files inside the mounted folder inside "%userprofile%\%temp%" or your new temp folder created; example: "%SystemDrive%\RT_TEMP"

It seems useful for dll's inside System32:

RT Se7en Lite tutorials:

How to secure files using RT Seven Lite?

Regards

Thanks!

Indeed for the files right in windows\system32, just provide the file name and RT7lite can accept

However need more than this to secure critical files

Thanks!

Indeed for the files right in windows\system32, just provide the file name and RT7lite can accept

However need more than this to secure critical files

I found:

1) If you keep the monted folders inside %temp% as default you can use "Secure files"!

2) If the temp folder is an other part like "%SystemDrive%\RT_TEMP" this feature doesn't work!

It's not possible to use "Secure files"!!

I think it's possible to save only files located inside system32!

After some seraching,you can find the drivers inside (Windows x86):

%temp%\RT_Mount\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\sensorsalsdriver.inf_x86_neutral_e8b9902de1fb346a\

- acpials.sys

- SensorsAlsDriver.dll

- sensorsalsdriver.inf

You can save the dll's working for Adaptive Brigtness, and do not select inside

"Features removal\Services": "Adaptive Brightness:

Windows 7 DLL File Information

sensrsvc.dll is statically linked to the following files:

msvcrt.dll

KERNEL32.dll

USER32.dll

ntdll.dll

ADVAPI32.dll

ole32.dll

OLEAUT32.dll

POWRPROF.dll

I hope that will help you!

Edited by myselfidem

Hi Bensam,

I have made a screenshot of my error messages when mounting a 64-bit Win7 in a Win7 64-bit surrounding. There was no vlite. There are no other proggies, realy only 7lite!

Win7 runs without problems, WAIK is installed, but there are these errors (the first in english, the second in german).

Can you now help me ?

post-265588-053889300 1285618310_thumb.j

post-265588-006163100 1285618319_thumb.j

Hi Bensam,

I have made a screenshot of my error messages when mounting a 64-bit Win7 in a Win7 64-bit surrounding. There was no vlite. There are no other proggies, realy only 7lite!

Win7 runs without problems, WAIK is installed, but there are these errors (the first in english, the second in german).

Can you now help me ?

Hello!

I've made successfuly an installation with RT Se7en Lite for x64! No problems found to start the program!

I think you can try:

1) Delete "dism.log" file inside "C:\Programs\Logs\DISM\dism.log". The file will be created a new time with DISM!

2) Mount the image you want with DISM (index number)

3) Create an tempory file, example "C:\test"

3) Use "Command for deploiement tools" as Administrator. Browse to the Dism for amd64.

4) Select the path where is located "install.wim"

cd..
cd amd64
cd Servicing
>Dism.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:"C:\Win7\sources\install.wim" /index:4 /MountDir:"C:\test"

5) If you get errors, you can post the "dism.log" created as attachment.

6) Unmount =

>Dism.exe /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:"C:\test" /Commit (or Discard)

Regards

*Edit:

Before to try mounting the image, see inside your %temp% folder if there are RT_Mount and RT_Mount_Boot!

If you see these folders, you can use:

>Dism.exe /UnMount-Wim /MountDir:%temp%\RT_Mount /Discard

>Dism.exe /UnMount-Wim /MountDir:%temp%\RT_Mount_Boot /Discard

If you get no success, use:

>Dism.exe /Cleanup-Wim

After: You can try to create a new temp folder for RT Se7en Lite like "C:\RT_TEMP" and select this one to mount the images when you launch RT Se7en Lite!

Edited by myselfidem

Ok myselfidem, i wait for the new revision of the guide.

Thanks.

Hello winterstorm!

You can read the RT Se7en Lte French guide updated if you want:

RT Se7en Lite French guide

About the key inside some images. I've used the default key for Windows 7 Ultimate. Everyone can use this key for an unattended install. Of course after 30 days it's needed to validate the Windows 7 copy with the original key. You can find these keys inside: %DVD%\sources\product.ini

Many thanks about your advice!

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

I just found out that:

Eventing Command Line Utility = Need for Office 2010 installation, if removed Office 2010 wont install.

Windows Search (just the Service) = need for Libraries work properly (if removed when click on any Libraries it wont open) and need for Change Desktop Background (if removed you cant change wallpaper from Customization window.)