RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Device driver error...................................You must have messed with setup.exe of sources folder. Don't mess with that file.

Thanks for the tip. I came across that information during research but never looked into any further because I did not knowingly do anything with that file. I noticed it does get moved from ROOT to the SOURCES folder after RT Seven Lite does it's thing.

Turns out the actual problem was that I was trying to install from a USB 3.0 on port on the test laptop. Going to the a different port solved the problem. It was actually the eSata/USB port that worked strangely enough.

Right now I'm stuck on getting the built in Jmicron card reader to work. The hardware registers in Windows but I am unable to install any drivers for it. They all keep failing. Anybody have any experience with this?

I've tried the stock driver @ http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=3XKD7&FileId=2731096214

I've also tried the latest and greatest manufacturer driver @ ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/Windows/JMB38X_WinDrv_R1.00.66_WHQL.zip

Latest .INF settings are attached.

-Digital

EDIT: I'm interested in any suggestions for additions/removals of my current .INF settings.

A few things I need for sure are:

- Gaming Support

- DirectX support

- OpenVPN Support

- Network/Share files from other computers and devices in my local network (found out I had to keep the firewall component to do that?)

- Office 2010

- iTunes

a bunch more stuff i can't think of right now and I'll just have to test when the time comes. If anybody has any advice on the stuff mentioned, enlighten me please!

latest.txt

Edited by digitalnerd

This is my first time using RT7Lite. In the Features Removal section does a 'check' in the checkbox mean the component will be kept or removed?

Will be removed once you hit the apply button, and mind, it features once removed can't be integrated.

Will be removed once you hit the apply button, and mind, it features once removed can't be integrated.

Okay thank you. I had it backward (checked what I wanted to keep) and I wondered why there was a bunch of errors when I was trying to install. Is there any sort of 'Essential' list I can look at, so I now everything I need and what I can select to disable/delete?

Edited by phillibl

Okay thank you. I had it backward (checked what I wanted to keep) and I wondered why there was a bunch of errors when I was trying to install. Is there any sort of 'Essential' list I can look at, so I now everything I need and what I can select to disable/delete?

You can see this thread: http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/7146-components-to-keep/

so, bensam said....

rt 7 lite v3 will be out soon?

any idea when?

ha ha ha, we have been waiting for v3 from last 8 months or so, only ben can tell, when he would release that version. See this thread: http://www.rtwincustomize.net/web/index.php?/topic/8767-update-on-v30-from-the-rt7lite-forum/

Edited by nice_guy75

• 1 month later...

Here are some tips I've figured out over the last 3 weeks going up the learning curve on RT7lite 2.6.0 beta.

I'm posting them as I couldn't find some of this information anywhere else. Hope it helps some of you folks.

An image can be reworked by adding drivers and updates, but not removing them. Also components can be removed, but not added back in.

To get rid of the purple highlight on some drivers, a 'duncical' pass must be made first:

Start with a clean source.

Load it in, but don't load any presets.

select under task for just integration and ISO bootable.

add just the drivers, usually all of them. Note that the ones in purple will be put in both Boot.wim and Install.wim

select for force unsigned drivers to be integrated (check-box)

Don't bother to select for install.wim only, which is what we want on the next pass.

Click Apply.

DO NOT CLICK COMMIT !!

Click on export settings and save them manually, as they will not be auto-saved unless commit is pressed. (Critical!)

Click on ISO-Bootable and click finish.

ALWAYS CLICK FINISH TO EXIT RT7lite !!! Else the wim's get mounted and locked and are really hard to release, requires a reboot.

For the real processing:

Now, re-enter RT7lite, reload the (still) clean source.

Load in the manually saved settings.

Select for all the tasks you really want to do, including integration (mandatory).

Under drivers, you will note all the purple highlights are gone and are now white and all of them can be selected for Install.wim only! ... :D

Note: White drivers means driver will be in both install.wim and boot.wim. Boot.wim really doesn't need any more drivers.

The flavor (like Ultimate) selected in the pop-up window while loading the source is the ONLY one that will have updates or drivers applied,

the others are still plain-jane, even if re-build all images is selected.

For this reason, it is often best to select for build current only at the (end) processing.

However, once Build current only is selected the other images are removed and the media is the initially selected flavor only.

Removing Speech support saves about 180 MB in the x64 media, and about 120 MB in x86.

Removing the unprocessed flavors (like starter-pro) removes about 120 MB in x86.

remember to remove the AutoUnattended.xml file after processing is done from the output directory, as it will remove the repair option.

ei.cfg doesn't seem to matter in the selection or availability of the flavors of OS.

RT Windows ISO maker will work with x64 sources only on a x64 Host OS !!

The speed of RT7lite is largely based on DISK SPEED. My RAID 0, 2 black drive system processes twice as fast as the Single SSD HYBRID.

I would recommend 4 black drives in RAID 0 or 5 Drives in RAID 5, or a pair of 32 GB SSDs in RAID 0, which will cost about $50 each ... ;)

Hello,

Just to inform you that I will release very soon a new version of my tool RT7-BOOSTER in version 4.00121.

This software is just a complement to RT7-Lite.

RT7-Booster could remove more stuff than RT7-Lite could do.

So, you should customize first, your ISO with RT7-Lite and ONLY AFTER you could use RT7-Booster.

==> DO NOT use Booster as a standalone software : in this case the result is not as you expect !!!

Here are the link :

RT7-Booster v4.00121 Thread

RT7-Booster v4.00121 Changelog

I've made some speed tests (from v3.62 and new v4.00.121) and the results is here : Comparison RT7-Booster Speed Test

B)

post-118431-0-26622500-1330968801_thumb.

Edited by winterstorm

You need to use at first time RT7-Lite and only after you could use Booster !!!

New version that will be release today is searching for your lastsession in the iso, so if it doesn"t detect one, Booster exits.

Booster searches for all files that have been left behind RT7-Lite's removal engine, no matter for languages, architecture (x86 or x64).

An exemple on how many additionnal space you can save in your working clean install : (i've used my lastsession, that you could find here : Winterstorm2050's lastsession)

Windows 7 SP1 x64 in Virtualbox (4.1.8) with Paging File Disable :

- Original Winterstorm2050 RT7 x64 lastsession = 4.50Go

- RT7-BOOSTER v3.62 + Modules v2.120 = 3.50Go

<> Saves 1000 Mo !!!!

B)

You need to use at first time RT7-Lite and only after you could use Booster !!!

New version that will be release today is searching for your lastsession in the iso, so if it doesn"t detect one, Booster exits.

Booster searches for all files that have been left behind RT7-Lite's removal engine, no matter for languages, architecture (x86 or x64).

An exemple on how many additionnal space you can save in your working clean install : (i've used my lastsession, that you could find here : Winterstorm2050's lastsession)

Windows 7 SP1 x64 in Virtualbox (4.1.8) with Paging File Disable :

- Original Winterstorm2050 RT7 x64 lastsession = 4.50Go

- RT7-BOOSTER v3.62 + Modules v2.120 = 3.50Go

<> Saves 1000 Mo !!!!

B)

So you made this program yourself to remove additional items? Would you be able to say, make this a stand alone program to simply remove components?

So you made this program yourself to remove additional items?

Of course, I develop this program from 0% to 100% by myself for many months now. I've made many previous version, just take a look here.

And it's far from finished because Booster is not perfect and I have many ideas to add into it. :D

B)

EDIT : You can download RT7-Booster v4.00.123 : here - Changelog

Edited by winterstorm

RT7-BOOSTER v4.03.131 ==> Download Link

CHANGELOG :

* General :

- In Components Remover, check "Themes -> Sound" : automatically check "Tweaks - SOUND - Remove Schemes in Sound Properties"

- In Components Remover, check "New -> Previous Versions" : automatically check "Tweaks - FILE PROPERTIES - Remove Previous Version Tab"

- Display name of mounted ISO in the GUI

* New Components :

- RT7 : Speech Recognition

* Bugs Fixed :

- Fix names of all Tweaks when removing them

- Fix a bug, after mounting an ISO, when no components have been selected and you want to "Apply Changes" (RT7-Booster crashs)

- More Efficient Removal :

. Biometrics

. Firewall

. Driver - Floppy

. Driver - IEE1394

. Driver - Modem

. Mail

. Media Center

. Media Player

. System Restore

. Wifi

B)