RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

44 minutes ago, videobruce said:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Work\winsp1\Sources\install.wim' because it is being used by another process.

In addition, this is due to the Registry flagging the WIM as being "mounted". This behavior has been noted before with a "failed" unmount.

(sorry for additional post, but HOW DO YOU EDIT and add a Quote?)

this is due to the Registry flagging the WIM as being "mounted".

How do you stop that from happening?

RT7Lite is someone else' attempt at "cloning" nuhi's (our member) vLite.

Is that suppose to mean the thread is blacklisted, or should I say boycotted? Like all forums, it's a 'users' forum with 'users' helping other users. These are not developers forums where the owners (authors) of the software are supporting the product..

I have used nLite with XP. I tried to use Winreducer with W7, but gave up due to the lousy & confusing interface. That NTlite is useless since it has NO UI customizing since the author doesn't seem to think that is important.

Deleting files to slim down the O/S is easy compared to spending hours tweaking it. Misplaced priorities! :angry:

Edited by videobruce

6 hours ago, videobruce said:

Is that suppose to mean the thread is blacklisted

No. Just that we can't directly support RT7Lite as it's both a "defunct" software (no longer a support forum for it as the website is history) and not developed here. The same goes for Winreducer (except not "defunct"). For that one you would best be served posting on THEIR website.

Scroll down this - Winreducer IS RT7Lite (I guess).

Have you thought about trying "Win ToolKit"? Many of our Members are also members there. Lego is also the author of UniExtract (FYI).
http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/forum/179-win-toolkit/

I'm only trying to point you in alternative directions where you will be better served.

As for the "edit", yeah, but opening the "edit" box then copy(swipe)/quote creates a spanky new "box" for me, ignoring the already "edit' box that mystically disappears. I can edit all day long but can't "add a quote".

Winreducer IS RT7Lite (I guess)

Not even close. While they are similar type of programs, they function differently. Other than the UI (one good, the other bad), there are pluses and minuses for each.\

You can add a separate quote using the " in that edit bar above the post. Editing functions with the SW this forum uses is poor (probably M$ :P )

Edited by videobruce

• 8 months later...